Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riding or even on a dead stop. i have a hard time getting to first gear. the lever will feel lose but if i rock the bike forward a little it clicks to first...i need to get educated seriously. its stressing me out. the guy at the dealership said its normal but i never had this issue before...i hope it snot the tranny

·
Registered
236 Posts
Shifting between first and second is usually not as smooth as higher gears at higher speeds in general. Are you in neutral when this problem happens? Cause if you're in second and trying to shift to first on a stand still bike, it might need that forward push you mentioned. Or maybe you're just not pressing the lever hard enough. Does it happen every time or occasionally?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Search by his user name, read his posts...it will all make sense.

Although this is both hilarious and sadly true, some advice for the OP: take the MSF course, not only for your own knowledge or skill improvement, but for the sake of the innocent drivers that share the road with you. Motorcycling is not something you should just decide "oh, I have the cash to buy me a brand new sport bike, better go do it and ride it home for the first time ever." And I did take the time to read your posts to realize that this is exactly what you did. Not trying to bash (maybe), but you have some learning to do. We all did at one point but I think you're trying to do too much too fast and have not taken the time to learn for yourself. Just my .02

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shifting between first and second is usually not as smooth as higher gears at higher speeds in general. Are you in neutral when this problem happens? Cause if you're in second and trying to shift to first on a stand still bike, it might need that forward push you mentioned. Or maybe you're just not pressing the lever hard enough. Does it happen every time or occasionally?
it happens here and there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Although this is both hilarious and sadly true, some advice for the OP: take the MSF course, not only for your own knowledge or skill improvement, but for the sake of the innocent drivers that share the road with you. Motorcycling is not something you should just decide "oh, I have the cash to buy me a brand new sport bike, better go do it and ride it home for the first time ever." And I did take the time to read your posts to realize that this is exactly what you did. Not trying to bash (maybe), but you have some learning to do. We all did at one point but I think you're trying to do too much too fast and have not taken the time to learn for yourself. Just my .02
i ride pretty good. i get on the highways. i lean good on turns. I'm just wondering why i ant get to first gear sometimes. that is all...

·
Registered
245 Posts
i ride pretty good. i get on the highways. i lean good on turns. I'm just wondering why i ant get to first gear sometimes. that is all...
Alright, so in your first post you state you need to get educated and yet you won't take my advice about learning how to ride because you've mastered everything in the past 30 days? And you still are wondering why you can't get into first gear sometimes? I can tolerate noobs asking for help but not ignorance. Maybe there are kinder people here.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The shift dogs are getting hung up on the gear face. When it happens hold the shifter down with your foot and ease the clutch out. You will feel it click into gear.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
in your first post you say youve not had the issue before,i guess you mean youve not had it it your other 29 days of your riding experience,youve got a brand new bike,just enjoy it and stop worrying about everything been wrong with it,its new,and take it easy,enjoy

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Alright, so in your first post you state you need to get educated and yet you won't take my advice about learning how to ride because you've mastered everything in the past 30 days? And you still are wondering why you can't get into first gear sometimes? I can tolerate noobs asking for help but not ignorance. Maybe there are kinder people here.
he's been told multiple times... you can only lead a horse to water, you can't force it to drink

1 - 16 of 16 Posts