Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a dumb question, but here goes.

So the only thing that bugs me on my new 07 is the fact that my clutch doesn't fully disengage until it is pulled fully against the two fingers I keep on the grip. If I let off in the slightest it starts to engage, so I have to keep it pressed on the fingers.

I had my bike in today and told them to look at it and adjust it for me. When I picked it up the young guy working the counter told me it was 'normal on a motorcycle if you keep two fingers on the grips' and that I shouldn't adjust it out. I explained that this was my 10th bike and the first I've ever had this problem on, but he said that's just the way it is and that I should get shorty levers.

Anyone else have this issue on their 07?

·
Registered
345 Posts
yeah, but i adjusted it myself, using the turn knob on the clutch cable end there.. it now engages a few mm's out from my fingers, so as not to be so aggravating, especially in traffic!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes you should adjust it till You are comfortable not some shop mechanic. I put on the ASV shorty clutch & brake and adjusted them for my comfort not for someone who will never ride my bike. remember its your bike make it fit you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
adjusted mine aswell after installing the CRG levers.. had the same problem of the lever hitting my fingers.. quite annoying.. adjust it to what works for you.. plus you'll be able to shift quicker..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts