Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searching everywhere for a cure to the clutch lever rattle on my 08 with OEM levers, so apologies if I just didn't search the correct terms.

If I'm on the highway and not using my clutch regularly and take my fingers off it rattles and frustrates me to no end.

Has anyone made any little shims to take the vertical movement out of the lever? Would really like to hear if its just me or if there are any solutions.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You are not the only one. I have that problem but it is not a rattle, it is a lot of play. If I were you, I'd go to Ace Hardware and look for aflat plastic O-ring and try it out.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I don't recall having this problem with the OEM lever but definitely with the 2Wheels lever I used to have. Try sticking a washer between the lever and perch (around the bolt of course) and applying a little bit of grease to it to avoid squeaking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another family member has an 07 with oem's and it seems a bit more snug. I'm going to try and make it to the hardware store tomorrow and see if I cant find some plastic washers. If i remember I'll post a pic of the solution. Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
cut some shims, O rings, or forms out of a plastic milk jug, or sheet of plastic.

dab of grease, too!

ps clutch perch spread(bent) a little more open?

Bolt loose?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts