Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased and installed a set of ASV F3 levers about a year and a half ago. Im asking because i haven't ridden in a long time and im just getting my bike up to spec to get back on the road. I didn't notice a difference in the bike after installation. Are there any negatives to not having the clutch lever switch activated?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
it just means that if your bikes in gear and the kickstand is up it will start.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clutch lever switch? as in an electric switch on your lever? or are you referring to the red adjuster?
ugh, i know what the red adjuster is for... :facepalm:

Thanks F_iT23 and crash277! ! was just concerned it might be tied into the ecm.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
on my 04 that i had (race only) i cut the wires and twisted them together cause otherwise the bike only started in neutral.

actually, come to think of it my 04 rr had NO safety devices HAHA

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
yea only bad thing is that you MUST be in nuetral to start the bike...
das about it

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Not quite...

To get it to all run properly you need to cut the green / red wire (pin 27) on the grey plug of the ecu and wire the ecu side of it to ground. Then just leave the switch unplugged at the bars and the wires disconnected.

If you don't you can have issues with the idle... if you just wire the two together you can have issues with roadworthy and its not exactly safe to have a bike that will start itself in gear and the clutch not pulled in...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not quite...

To get it to all run properly you need to cut the green / red wire (pin 27) on the grey plug of the ecu and wire the ecu side of it to ground. Then just leave the switch unplugged at the bars and the wires disconnected.

If you don't you can have issues with the idle... if you just wire the two together you can have issues with roadworthy and its not exactly safe to have a bike that will start itself in gear and the clutch not pulled in...
What else does the switch acctuate then? The exhaust valve? To add a little info to the mix, i do have a bazzaz with afr. I never noticed an issue but i would like to make sure the bike is 100% up to par. Im not so worried about the clutch being engaged. It is a natural habbit of mine to pull the clutch on start up.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Other than the starting bit, the clutch switch only affects the idle as far as I'm aware... the exhaust valve is based on rpm.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Nico. Im wondering if it may affect the timing? I used to have an Audi A6 and when you depressed the clutch pedal you could hear the sound of the engine change a bit. Never researched the cause but i think it was pulling a few degrees of ignition timing to smooth out the transition of shifting gears.

Any other input out there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts