Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding on the interstate and out of no where the bike started lungeing. So I exited off the freeway and stopped the bike revved the engine to see if the rpm needle was bouncing and it was fine. So I went on my way and as soon as I pulled on to the road it was still lungeing. The throttle was steady but it felt like I was yanking it on and off. As I accelerated the more it would lunge. I thought it was the clutch so I gunned it in first and sure enough it was slipping. But here is my question, if it was the clutch would it be lurching like that? The rpm needle was steady but it felt like the throttle was going in and out. My bike is a 04 with 19,000 miles and the clutch lever is properly adjusted so that's not the problem.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now that i check it after the bike has cooled down it down seem it do it until I get up to about 8k rpms. When I accelerate hard or down shift from a high speed it doesn't seem to slip. Could it be the air filter is clogged? could a clogged air filter cause that? I just happened to have purchased one today and I'll be swapping it out tonight to see if it fixes it.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i doubt the air filter would cause that, because air wont surge in, it will just be restricted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts