Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to sportbike maintance and so on, i have on the other hand worked on all my mx bikes, so i am not a compleate dumbass. FYI

my bike feels slow- it does not pull hard when i am hard on the gas and does not "wheelie" as easy as it should. i am in second gear goin 20 mph, i will pull in the clutch and rev to 7 grand and let the clutch go hard and the front wheel stays on the ground. does this sound right ?

the only change would be me adding a honda brand fully synthetic oil the the motor.

K

·
0 Posts
sounds like a technique issue, not technical. perhaps you should post up in the stunter's section.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what RPMS are yal running, say 6th gear 80 mph

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
as long as you didnt get the hp4m then you are fine.

try this 2nd gear high rpms
lean over the tank to keep the front end down
roll off quickly then roll back on.
if your clutch is slipping the rpms will skyrocket but you wont go anywhere.

(cover the clutch and rear brake just in case)

K

·
0 Posts
i've never really paid attention to tell you the truth. it is what it is. i'd take a guess at say 7000 or so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is that the full synth ?

K

·
0 Posts
well there's HP4 and HP4M. HP4M has moly in it and can cause clutch slippage, HP4 does not.

and it's more of a semi-synthetic. HP4S is the full synthetic (which doesn't mean it's 100% synthetic).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think something is up then b/c im runnin 9 to 10 k or so.

K

·
0 Posts
Has the final drive been re-geared? have you adjusted your speedometer to read accurately? you'd know if the clutch is slipping. your engine would rev like nutz and you wouldn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not shur on the gears. but i just think the clutch is slipping, just not extream like you described. i belive it can happen over time and not all at once.

K

·
0 Posts
but it will. if it's slipping, it's usually not by little bits. in a fast, and high, revving engine like the CBR600 it'll be immediate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks, so for now i should be fine ? or is there something i can do or check?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright thanks, i willlet ya know something tomarrow

·
Registered
223 Posts
Simple way to tell if your clutch is slipping is when you are hard under acceleration, is your RPM's going way up without your acceleration changing? If not your clutch is probably ok. Burning clutches also have a very distinct odor, do you notice that?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think the rpms are moving up real quick with not as much forward movement. i guess i always thought a 600 would scare me a little, but the bike seems so manageable. if i were to get a new clutch, any suggestions?

K

·
0 Posts
it's not the straight line speed that'll scare you, it's how fast it can take a corner that scares the **** out of me (sometimes).

it's not a TL1000.

I think it's ridiculously powerful for it's size. i don't know what you're comparing this bike to but you saying it doesn't FEEL that powerful... doesn't really mean much to us.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a clutch seems pretty cheap way to see if that would give me any power though. and i did buy it used with 15k miles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts