Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend and I were practicing burnouts and after we were done we decided to roll out. Well his bike started acting funny, if he reved to much it would just spin like the clutch was pulled in. after messing with it a bit we just rode it home.

We think his clutch plate is done, How much would a replacement be and should he just buy a whole new clutch? Its an 08 600rr with 1500 miles.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
replacing clutch is easy
i posted a how to that makes it very simple.
its primarily for a slipper but the principal is the same

·
Bleedin' Honda Red
2,380 Posts
just get the clutch plates the metal plates shouldnt need to be replaced. most likely one of the plates is cracked in pieces

·
Registered
261 Posts
Start tearing it down and see what needs replacing. I'm sure the friction plates are done. There is a spec for metal plate thickness, check them.
But burning up a clutch in 1500 miles? :all_cohol

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Burnout a clutch in 1500 miles doing burnouts? Haha i used and abused the hell outta my clutch and im just now replacing it after 32k miles

·
Registered
73 Posts
What kind of oil is your buddy running in his bike? Is it conventional oil or did he switch to full synthetic? If he put full Syn oil (with MOLY), the additive is too slippery with a "Wet Clutch" system (need to use Full Syn, without MOLY).

If it is not the oil issue, I would say that the plates are torched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts