Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an '06 CBR600RR with about 5300 miles. It runs great, but once i push the clutch in and try to shift into 1st, it sounds like it should when it shifts, but then stalls. It almost seems like the clutch isn't fully engaged.

Is there any adjustment to the clutch that can be made?
Any ideas on what might be wrong with it?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Just got an '06 CBR600RR with about 5300 miles. It runs great, but once i push the clutch in and try to shift into 1st, it sounds like it should when it shifts, but then stalls. It almost seems like the clutch isn't fully engaged.

Is there any adjustment to the clutch that can be made?
Any ideas on what might be wrong with it?
Thanks

Does it stall when your holding the clutch lever in, and shift into 1st with out letting the clutch out?

If so the clutch isn't full disengaging and can easily be adjustved via two barrel adjusters. One is at the lever, the other is at the clutch case on the right side of the bike.

This could be a normal thing, because your clutch cable has probably just stretched.

When your cable stretches, your clutch plates become closer and closer to being engaged when you are holding the lever in. By simply adjusting the barrely adjusters out a bit, the clutch plates will become fully disengaged.

***Please wait til a more experienced rider has a reply, as ive only been into motorcycles for a few months. Im pretty sure that is your problem, but just to be safe :cruising:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Is the kickstand up when you kick it in first?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I was thinking that might have been the broblem, but I wasn't really sure.

Actually the kickstand was down... Is there a safety mechanism that involves the kickstand being down and not allowing the bike to go into gear?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Thanks for the help, I was thinking that might have been the broblem, but I wasn't really sure.

Actually the kickstand was down... Is there a safety mechanism that involves the kickstand being down and not allowing the bike to go into gear?
haha yes. If the kickstand is down the bike will stall as a safety measure.

There is your problem.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Well, i tried haha!

Yes sir, and we have all done it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha! Now i feel retarded.. I was trying to move the bike in the garage real quick, and didn't even think to lift the kickstand.

Thanks for the quick fix!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Don't worry dude. You're not the first and you won't be the last.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts