Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock burnt out clutch.

What have you replaced yours with?

How do you like it?

I've searched, found lots of older threads.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Stock clutch is really good, i have a Hinson slipper, but it uses stock plates in it. Has gone 5 years of racing with redline, heavy slipping, high geared starts with little wear and just a bit of blueing of the steel plates, but no warpage, clutch still works good.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been searching and can't seem to find OEM stuff seems to be sold out everywhere I look.

Anyone wanna point me in the right direction

thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've just fitted a Suter Slipper clutch in mine with EBC plates. Haven't had chance to test it yet as bike is in pieces waiting for my Ohlins kit to arrive.

It's the one thing I think the CBR was missing from the factory is a decent slipper clutch

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've been searching and can't seem to find OEM stuff seems to be sold out everywhere I look.

Anyone wanna point me in the right direction

thanks
I've got a stock Clutch, With some plates, I'm not sure its all of them i'll have to look. This is if you want the OEM replacement. Mine only has 5k miles on it.

If you are looking for Aftermarket, there are a lot of good slipper clutches out there. The biggest issue you'll run into is what you are willing to pay :)

EDIT: For OEM parts Check out Ronayers

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
I've always used OEM plates. They seem to last for years for me.

Just disappointed they don't offer the full clutch rebuild kit, with the steel/friction plates and springs, anymore. You have to buy everything individually.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Honda oem clutch plates for me, my old ones are still up to spec even after a lot of abuse, i installed new ones only because they are thinner to get to the required stack height for the EVR slipper clutch i'm running. don't forget to use stiffer clutch springs to eliminate slippage.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
don't forget to use stiffer clutch springs to eliminate slippage.
What springs would you suggest?
I'm guessing that stiffer springs means more pressure to overcome at the lever if you don't have a hyd master.
How much does it increase the resistance? Is it something you wouldn't want to do if your putting in a lot of street miles?

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
What springs would you suggest?
I'm guessing that stiffer springs means more pressure to overcome at the lever if you don't have a hyd master.
How much does it increase the resistance? Is it something you wouldn't want to do if your putting in a lot of street miles?
i'm running EBC clutch springs at the moment, it still is holding up after a lot of abuse. i didn't even notice the difference between the stock & aftermarket clutch springs at the lever to be honest, it isn't harder to pull the lever in when i'm downshifting for the corners.

another reason to replace the stock clutch springs is if it has logged in a lot of miles, chances are the springs are no longer within the free length suggested by the manual which happened in my case. they're only less than $20 & it's cheap insurance against burnt clutch plates.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
i'm running EBC clutch springs at the moment, it still is holding up after a lot of abuse. i didn't even notice the difference between the stock & aftermarket clutch springs at the lever to be honest, it isn't harder to pull the lever in when i'm downshifting for the corners.

another reason to replace the stock clutch springs is if it has logged in a lot of miles, chances are the springs are no longer within the free length suggested by the manual which happened in my case. they're only less than $20 & it's cheap insurance against burnt clutch plates.
Thank's. I'll def consider that if I ever have to do work in that area.

·
Registered
294 Posts

+1 to this. I too am running EBC Springs with my EVR Clutch, and notice no different feel at the lever.

·
Registered
286 Posts
OEM all day in a stock clutch IMO! I have a yoyodyne corsa slipper and it takes different plates. for that i get steels from Barnett and use OEM fibers, amazing slipper clutch!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts