Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE HEAR OF GRAVES MOTORSPORTS, DYNOJET USB POWER COMM. CLUTCHLESS SHIFTING SETUP??? FOUND IT ON( R1-FORUM.COM)_CHECK IT OUT....WILL THIS WORK ON OUR 600 RR'S

·
Registered
682 Posts
heard it as well on the r1 forum but i've never heard of such setup for our RRs...

it'd be pretty sweet if we had it for ours...but it'd be too pricey for me.

ask nick from riders inc...

- D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Unnecessary. Just blip the throttle and click the shifter. It's how I shifted on my F2 for quite a bit, it's mostly how I shifted on my 929, and mostly how I shift on the RR with no ill effects. I know of plenty of other people, including those who race that do not use the clutch for upshifting, except for the 1-2 shift.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
ND4SPDSHO said:
Unnecessary. Just blip the throttle and click the shifter. It's how I shifted on my F2 for quite a bit, it's mostly how I shifted on my 929, and mostly how I shift on the RR with no ill effects. I know of plenty of other people, including those who race that do not use the clutch for upshifting, except for the 1-2 shift.
Like Me, I only clutch when downshifting, I don't even clutch between 1-2, just let off the throttle a bit and it goes right into the next gear nice and smoothly. I may try to train myself to actually use the clutch this summer because I have no Idea how clutchless shifting is going to effect the longevity of the gears.

·
Registered
362 Posts
same shifting method here. at the track i don't use the clutch for upshifting. just let off the throttle a hair, shift, and drop the hammer. WOOOOHOOOO!!! i'm going crazy waiting for track season to start. actually, i think i'm signing up for the kevin schwantz school this week. we'll see...

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SEEMS LIKE A COOL IDEA, IS THIS NEW TECHNOLOGY OR JUST NEW TO THE PUBLIC?? GOOD FOR THE TRACK, NOT NEEDED FOR STREET USE THOUGH...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wow, yeah seems like it'd work well if you are trying to be competitive on the track. I bet it'd work wonders for keeping multi-gear wheelies up too. But would be an unneccesary mod for your average rider.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
The Dynojet version is relatively new but the technology has been around for a while. It's very trick once setup. They're run alot in club racing and even have bush button versions that upshift at the click of a button.

I want one but honestly it is more-or-less only a cool toy. Very nice to have if you're optimizing corner speed and need to shift halfway through.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That seems pretty sick, like what Random600rr said, that'd be sick for multi-gear wheelies, I was thinkin of this type of thing the other day..... you know how some Ferrari's have the clutchless shifting? the f1 type paddle thing, my friends and I were talkin about that kinda stuff for a bike and how sweet it would be, I guess its out, maybe its been out for awhile, we were just thinkin that'd be pretty sweet, not that its hard to shift WITH a clutch but.... it would sure save your clutch hand alot of energy! :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
BTW, thats not a bad price... but if you have to have pcIII which is around what..... 290? $300? ..... it might be a bit pricey, but still.... I think it might be cool to have, I'm gonna look into it a bit more :)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
cbrsexrr said:
How does it work? Does it let off the throttle for you or something?
basically it momentarily interrupts spark and causes a "stall" just long enough to unload the geartrain and allow you to upshift without resistance. That sounds dramatic but it actually happens so fast you almost don't feel it and certainly not enough to upset the bike when cranked over. As soon as the unit senses your foot applying upshift force to the shifter lever it sends the interrupt and that resistance drop pops you into gear.

Imagine you're cranked over in a sweeper but you're near redline and can't shift because if you clutch you lose momentum and come off your line. You can't blip because at full lean if you blip your going down. You can just hold it screaming at redline until you straighten up and can clutch shift and run the risk of overrevving and getting passed... or you can use a quickshifter and shift wherever you want without fear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not to contradict Jetblast, but the one offered by Dynojet simply cuts the injectors. Since thier box only controls the injectors, that's all they can shut off.

This is where the problem is with the 600RR. They only control 4 injectors instead of all 8, therefore the current system will not work on the RR until they develop one that incorporates all 8 injectors (which means a new harness as well :( ).

I actually spoke with them yesterday and the have no estimated ETA for the availabiliy for the RR.

Now on the other hand, thier is one made by Translogic that does just as you described, it cuts the "spark" signal to the coil and interrupts the engine just long enough for the shifter to engage. I used one at VIR on my RR for cycle jam and it worked like a charm up until I crashed it in the rain. Never worked again. Don't think it was the crash as much as it was the water.

When it works, there's nothing else like it for racing in my opinion, but when it malfunctions say mid-corner and cuts the engine, it isn't pretty.

I hope Dynojet gets something worked out fairly soon, I'd love to try thiers.

Later,
MB

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
cbrsexrr said:
Cool, thanks Jetblast. Sounds kinda pricey if that is all it does though, but then again I couldn't make one.
Yep, you could just mount a thumb switch on your left handle bar and momentarily kill the spark. That way it wouldn't do that when you clutched, which it probably will do.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
bellshonda said:
Not to contradict Jetblast, but the one offered by Dynojet simply cuts the injectors. Since thier box only controls the injectors, that's all they can shut off.

This is where the problem is with the 600RR. They only control 4 injectors instead of all 8, therefore the current system will not work on the RR until they develop one that incorporates all 8 injectors (which means a new harness as well :( ).

I actually spoke with them yesterday and the have no estimated ETA for the availabiliy for the RR.
Great followup on the dynojet version - thanks for the info. I've been looking into the translogic one all along because fuel delivery interrupt & latency is not something I want to guinea pig.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Actually you could make a crude one by using the stock side stand safety switch.
Yup...I saw a mod on cbrworld.net where a guy wired the side stand safety switch to the horn button and removed the horn. All you would do is tap the horn to 'stall' the engine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts