Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messin around on the 04 RR today and found out that up shifting is pretty easy without the clutch lever as long as you let off of the gas. Does any one know if this will hurt the gear box if I only do this when I'm racing? It would prob. save you a few 10ths in the 1/4! Any imput would be GREAT!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.... the reason I ask, is because I was watching ama superbike, and their bikes had a modification done to the shift rod that let them do this. SO I'm thinking, why can I shift like that WITHOUT one! Doesn't that make the mod pointless??

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think I saw the same thing as you, and it was different. The setup they had let them shift up under full throttle. It automatically shut off the engine like they do in the F1 cars and paddle shifting cars as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i ran across a mod where a guy tricked his bike into shutting itself down using the horn buton. it was linked to the kickstand sensor...made the bike think it was down, cutting spark when he quickly pressed the horn button so he could keep the throttle pinned.... may have been on the cbr forum....

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I haven't clutched to upshift since about day three with the bike when I figured out I didn't have to. 2K miles, no problems yet.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Clutchless hsifting is fine, get your rpm's up, let off the gas, pull up GENTLY should go in to gear without a sound, hit the gas again....if your racing its the only way to shift ;)

if you hear a clunk or your having to use force to do it your a tool .... j/k means your doing it wrong re read my post and try again :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts