Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok - flame me if this has been posted, I can not find it. my brother and is on me because I do not use the clutch except to take off, and come to a stop... really, this is all I have done for years! might have been my dirtbike day, but is it that bad? seriously, nothing like hammering it down a cog, and sliding it into the corner.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK GOD!!! I am going to google this question as well. print the answer and tattoo it on his nutz.. lol

K

·
0 Posts
Nope, perfectly fine on all associated parts. brother is wrong-o.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
dear lord, not another thread about this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most sportbikes are designed to allow for clutchless shifting. Preload the shifter while on the throttle, and just let off the throttle for a quick second, and you will shift as smooth as ever into the next gear.

K

·
0 Posts
manual cars are exactly the same way... only they're geared a bit taller so it takes a while to get the engine down to engage the next gear.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Do you down shift without it as well? Anyhow, if you really want to have some fun go pick up a dyno jet quick shifter. It allows me full throttle clutchless upshifts shifts. I had to get an ignition modual as well to make it work perfectly, but now I can bang through gears wide open without touching the clutch. I wont ride without one now.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Do you down shift without it as well? Anyhow, if you really want to have some fun go pick up a dyno jet quick shifter. It allows me full throttle clutchless upshifts shifts. I had to get an ignition modual as well to make it work perfectly, but now I can bang through gears wide open without touching the clutch. I wont ride without one now.

Sounds like a blast but dangerious too you must be flying!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
It really does not substaintially aggregate any wear and tear... so no biggie, clutches are for synchronizing the well rotating rotors in the engine ... so in theory all forms of shifting can be done without clutches if you understand and know the speed of the connecting rotors..

K

·
0 Posts
It really does not substaintially aggregate any wear and tear... so no biggie, clutches are for synchronizing the well rotating rotors in the engine ... so in theory all forms of shifting can be done without clutches if you understand and know the speed of the connecting rotors..
no! NO NO NO! The SOLE function of the clutch is to provide or remove power from the engine to the transmission. it has NOTHING to do with synchronizing gears.

·
Registered
995 Posts
no! NO NO NO! The SOLE function of the clutch is to provide or remove power from the engine to the transmission. it has NOTHING to do with synchronizing gears.
exactly.. now how does power get added or remove? okay, maybe rotors ain't the correct word, bearings might be it.. I am not a mechanic but enough science have thought me that power just doesn't come from clutches... You are prolly using street talk.. maybe... I might not have the correct jargon but I sure do know what the mechanism of the clutches are involved in... Engines are engines... there hasn't been a drastic change in concept since the first combustion engine was produced..

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Most sportbikes are designed to allow for clutchless shifting. Preload the shifter while on the throttle, and just let off the throttle for a quick second, and you will shift as smooth as ever into the next gear.
i can clutchless upshift like butter but how do u downshift w/o the clutch? i know its possible isn't this dangerous because of the kickback. isn't that also why they invented slipper clutches?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts