Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I had someone tell me that this year in a recent Cycle World (I think) our bike took last in their lineup or whatever. I cant exactly remember what he said took first, Ill ask again when I talk to him next but I dont know about this considering the RR got bike of the year across the board in every magazine last year. Did all the other guys change that much???

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
And does he ride a kawasaki?

He's full of ****.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I smell Jealousy from the Green Team.

But in all honesty.. All the newer bikes are bad ass...

Each have their pros and cons. You really cant go wrong.

·
Registered
586 Posts
In the latest Cycle World Sept '08 "MasterBike" sport bike competition, which tests all bikes against each other regardless of size, the CBR600 got LAST out of not only all the bikes, but last out of just the 600's.

I'm not sure what the deal was, if they got a ragged out test model or something, but it got last. I think it was slowest at the track out of all the 600's too.

I have the mag, I'll post the ratings page if I get time.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Here is the section from the article about the CBR600, as well as the overall ratings chart.

Note, the CBR1000 won the entire competition, it was awarded MasterBike. The CBR600 got last of the 600's. Looks like Honda or who ever was setting it up sucked or something.

Click on the thumbs; apologies for the image quality, but that's as good as I could get them given the limitation of this board. (97kb limit)

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not that I care about a sponsored magazines' ratings, but something had to have been wrong for the Honda to come in after a freaking Triumph

yeah... wtf... the triumph got a rider rating of 9.6, lol

Also the gsxr 750 came in 6th place? I've heard good things about that bike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I'm not one to really care much either, but I just wanted to know what all these guys did to get the cbr in last place here. Im lost.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
And does he ride a kawasaki?

He's full of ****.
Haha, The last issue of Super BIke that I had did a 600cc shootout and had the Kawi as dead last! Triumph's triple couldn't even take down the RR. But what was funny is that they editiors bagged on the ZX-6, saying Kawi hasn't made a bike on par with the rest of the field in a looooooong time.:bootyshak

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
wow, I love how the zx-10r pounded everybody in top trap speed by a long shot... I didnt realize the new Kawa was so good, all I hear is people complaining about its headlights.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
The 600RR got last in the Masterbike Shootout which is strictly a pure track racing test. Each tester gets 5 laps or so on each bike and that is it. Some of the testers are ex-GP riders and some are magazine writers.

What they said was that the 600RR's foot pegs dragged too easily which didn't allow them the lean angle they wanted, that was their main drawback. They also mentioned that the Honda engineers didn't allow for any adjustments(basically told the testers to run it like it is) and took the tire warmers off too early which I'm guessing caused some bad handling compared to the other bikes.

I wouldn't take too much away from this test as it's obvious the proper set-up wasn't given to the testers.

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Everything that i've read has put the RR on top, especially in road performance...

But that's the 600 shootouts I've been reading about on Cycle World, Motorcycle-USA etc...

But like others have said, all bikes have their pros and cons, especially depending on what type of riding you'd like to do.

I hear r6's are great track bikes.... etc etc...

Good luck in choosing!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts