Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told myself I wouldn't buy this one...but I'm headed out today to pick up my copy...

I've had just about all COD's and its pretty much the only thing I play. The videos I've seen on youtube makes this game look a little bit like Halo. I guess this is the "advanced warfare" part.

Who went out and got this already??? What are you thoughts...???

FWIW I'll be getting it for PS3...if you have it add me as a friend... PS3 user lilbuddy16

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've been playing since midnight Sunday night. It's another Call of Duty. There's a new manifestation of lag - now it's not just poor hit detection, sometimes the weapon will just stop firing. I guess that's one way to increase hit detection if your gun can't shoot.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been playing since midnight Sunday night. It's another Call of Duty. There's a new manifestation of lag - now it's not just poor hit detection, sometimes the weapon will just stop firing. I guess that's one way to increase hit detection if your gun can't shoot.
I played about 2 hours last night. 1 hr campaign and 1 online. Yeah its just ok. Campaign seems fun. Online the damn jet packs get annoying.

I agree all and all just another COD

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Not impressed with online, which is the main reason for buying it. To me the sound is horrible. The guns sound like damn BB guns and the explosions sound equally as bad. You can no longer run dead silence, unless you do on your exo suit and that is only for a limited time. This makes footsteps extremely hard to hear so there is basically no incentive to have a nice headset. It was nice being able to tell which way the enemy was coming from before you even saw him. Some of the reticles are pretty awful and look like something off of N64. No throwing knives or axes which were always fun for making funny killcams. It's going to take awhile before I could see myself liking this game.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I think im going to skip this one because the stupid jet packs/halo idea. Seems like from the reviews from you guys are reinforcing my thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can play lobbies without exo suits, if you prefer "traditional" cod movement.
I havent messed with it enough to find that setting . When I was playing multiplayer I couldnt even figure out how to get a dang grande or anything...but I also havent given it much time.

perhaps this evening I will have some more time.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Doom how do those lobbies online compare to the jet pack lobbies? Thanks for the insight as well. I might give it a chance..doubtful though.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've only done a quick session since that choice is a playlist. As far as I can tell, you can't just say let me play just TDM without exo, you'd have to do domination, kill confirmed, etc., in a rotation. Still, might be worth looking into. Even if you don't enjoy multiplayer, the game does have a very solid campaign mode with some incredible motion capture.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Screenshot from my phone while watching yesterday's free practice in Valencia of JL99 dragging an elbow. Last year, it was a Ghosts helmet, this year it's AW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts