Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 is flashing the "FI" light at me. One long blink followed by nine short blinks. That means Code 19 - Ignition pulse sensor, connection or loose sensor

Is the pulse sensor on the clutch side or the stator side? I just replaced both side covers. Not really sure what I could have done wrong. I thought I was very careful putting everything back together exactly as it came apart. What are the common causes of this error? Is it really as straight forward as
1. backwards installation of the sensor
2. broken sensor
3. loose/broken connection

???

The bike is 30 minutes away in storage so I'd like to get all possibilities researched for the next time I go take a look at it. I really hope I don't have to take the case cover off again. Well, taking it off is fine, I don't want to drain/fill the oil and apply the liquid gasket material again.

Note: I have been searching this forum quite a bit, but I don't feel like I've gotten as much info as I'd like before I go back to work on the bike. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Very easy to put the sensor in upside-down, most likely the cause and on the clutch side. Lots of people do this, so I don't doubt it happened.

The oil pan is below the cover, no need to drain it to remove the cover, though there will be a little pooled up in the cover so be prepared but it'll come right off.

Mike

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very easy to put the sensor in backwards, most likely the cause and on the clutch side. Lot's of people do this, so I don't doubt it happened.

The oil pan is below the cover, no need to drain it to remove the cover, though there will be a little pooled up in the cover so be prepared but it'll come right off.

Mike
I'll take a look at it for sure then. Thanks Mike! Should have just txt'd you to begin with lol

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'll take a look at it for sure then. Thanks Mike! Should have just txt'd you to begin with lol
:)

To clarify for future people looking at this thread I mis-spoke and meant UPSIDEDOWN not backwards. The wires need to "hug" the cover and run behind the sensor to be mounted correctly.

I will edit the original post.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts