Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys pretty new to the street bike thing. always rode dirt. I was wondering if it is true you shouldn't leave your bike sitting on concrete for the winter due to flat spots? thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeah, you can get flat spots in your tires. Dunno if carpet will help.

You should invest in some stands (front and rear) anyways. They make simple maintance much easier, (such as replacing tires and chains, chain tension, oil changes, etc.) and offer you a good place to leave your bike for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Stands aren't that expensive. If you can afford a bike, you can afford stands. I got a nice set for $100. But if that doesn't work, you can always pile on cardboard or carpet underneath. That's just what I heard. But I don't worry about it since I have stands.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
toyotafj40s said:
who doesnt ride their bike durin' the winter. babies

The people who's roads turn White from salt and have high temperatures of 20°F. Damn I'm depressed.

As far as the original question, Who knows, I have a set of front and rear stands. You could just roll it a couple of inches eery couple of weeks just to be safe.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i leave my bike outside when its cold on the concrete and i never noticed anything different or wrong. I do store it come winter, but its been 20-30 here lately and my bike has been outside.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yah you would think i could afford some stands but with two cars and two bikes money get's tight. I am gonna get some soon just wanted a little more input from what i have heard.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have stands on my xmas list. But until then I have cinder blocks and friends that can lift 400 lbs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the guy told me from the dealership that they won't get flat spots. the tires are much better then they were 5 years ago. he assured me that some of the bikes in the showroom set there for almost a year w.o any flat spots. i guess that made sense to me. i live in michigan and have to store my bike in my cold garage and never had a flat spot...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts