Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temperatures are getting cold in the morning. My front tire was slipping a little bit on a fun right hander right near my house. The list of repairs on my bike is pretty long already, I'd hate to add to it.

Be careful guys out there, and always be wary of cold tires!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hear ya...I would love to take my bike to work today, but my ride home at 11 would be in the mid 40's tonight. Hmmm...I think I'll just drive in

·
One Man Band
1,720 Posts
Take mine to work and back everyday now for the past 4 years at 3AM! If it ain't rainin' or snowin' I'm on the bike!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
oh god........ i hate thinking how the winter will be here soon.. =T

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hopefully like last years...not bad at all! I rode at least 1 time every month for all 12 months in 2005. It was great. I couldn't believe we were riding in Nov, Dec, Jan & Feb in NY!

·
Registered
461 Posts
dont get our hopes up !!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I know...sorry - lol. I guess it's just wishful thinking. Watch we get 4 feet of snow Nov 1st...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
COLD WEATHER IS SUCKY tire warmers?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
holy cow jay, u might wanna watch it running those pilot races on the street when the temps really drop. ask tom about cold weather, cold tires, cold grounds.. he knows!

·
Registered
55 Posts
ya the cold weather sux a lot leathers are key in this weather and some thermals thats jersey though...

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
cold? whats that?

·
Registered
924 Posts
hitman83 said:
cold? whats that?
Hey get out of here you West Coast bastid - lol. Yeah I wish we had your weather all year round.

On a side note...becareful in the morning and at night. I just came back from a ride and my tires stepped out a few times even after I thought they would have heated up enough for a bit more aggressive riding.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
yeah !!!! summer is on the way!!!!
it has been crap for too long
cant wait for the better weather!

·
Registered
352 Posts
would this be a bad time to complain about the 90 degree heat we had today?

seriously though, one small trick to keeping your tires from being EXTREMELY cold in the morning:

If you park in the garage, keep the bike up on stands. Keeping it off the freezing cold concrete in the winter should help keep the rubber slightly warmer since the ambient temps are usually not as cold as the concrete. :beer:

·
One Man Band
1,720 Posts
Whaddya kiddin'?? Fall is the best riding season ever! Ya don't hafta sweat yer a$$ off with all that gear on and the bike runs even better in these temps! Bring it on!

·
Registered
903 Posts
jahmic726 said:
would this be a bad time to complain about the 90 degree heat we had today?

seriously though, one small trick to keeping your tires from being EXTREMELY cold in the morning:

If you park in the garage, keep the bike up on stands. Keeping it off the freezing cold concrete in the winter should help keep the rubber slightly warmer since the ambient temps are usually not as cold as the concrete. :beer:

Did u have to rag about our weather...... lol. anyway being a newb thanks for the tire warming tip

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
crap i don't even have a damn jacket now..

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
You Fockers are complaining already?!? HOLY ****!!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL riding weather!!! Pretty much perfect for Leathers! So put away those textile and/or Mesh Jackets and put on a real one! You think this is bad??? This is nothing!!!

Try riding in the snow!!!! Then you'll appreciate what you have now!

·
Registered
117 Posts
kihun said:
crap i don't even have a damn jacket now..
What happened to your jacket?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
KhMeRGuY978 said:
holy cow jay, u might wanna watch it running those pilot races on the street when the temps really drop. ask tom about cold weather, cold tires, cold grounds.. he knows!

ehh they are just tires. . .. they warm up nicely when u spin emm :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts