Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that park on campus do you have to have a parking pass? I just picked one up and we are required to adhere this 2"x2" sticker to our bikes. If I still had the huge ass mudflap on the back of the bike i'd put it there. But since I cut that off I think the only of place to stick it would be the chain guard or the rear tire hugger. :cry: Does anyone else have any ideas where to stick it? Where would you put it?

·
Registered
318 Posts
at my school they want the parking decal to be at the rear fender, right side of the front fender or on the right fork leg. I have my on the right fork right below the triple clamp. you can see it in the pic below.
I stick it way on the inside so they barely see it. It really piss off the parking enforcement. They suck anyway since my R6 got stolen there :evil:

·
Registered
984 Posts
We are suppose to have a parking permits which are 3.5" x 2.25". I have never bought one for my bike, that will probably change. I do not have any good suggestions for permit placement. Sorry.

They usually do not say anything to us about our bikes. Execept this year, I got a parking ticket for not having a permit and parking in an unmarked spot. We parked there all last year with no problems and since the Fire Marshall was visiting today we got tickets. We park in "extra" handicap loading zone space, which is large enough for 8-10 bikes. I talked to the security guy and he said he had no issues with us parking there, it was just that the Fire Marshall said we were to close to a fire hydrite, which is about 10 feet from where we park. Oh well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i put my parking sticker on top of the front right reflector. it fits perfect, and when not attending school i take off the reflector with the permit on it and left the reflector braket on the bike. i don't like to ride around with the pass on unless i am going to school, (don't want people to stake out my bike and know where i attend). hope that helps.

·
Registered
429 Posts
what one guy i saw did, get a thick piece of plastic (1/8th to 1/4 inch) and cut it so you have about and inch of plastic around the edge of your decal. then put the decal on the plastic, drill a hole at the top, but making sure to leave enough plastic so its strong, then buy a little luggage lock, and lock it to your brake cable, or something else solid on the bike. then you can take it off at any time

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah but they can tow your ass, maybe.....hmmmmm, if they cant that aint a bad idea except for lugging the cover everywhere

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shifty5616 said:
what one guy i saw did, get a thick piece of plastic (1/8th to 1/4 inch) and cut it so you have about and inch of plastic around the edge of your decal. then put the decal on the plastic, drill a hole at the top, but making sure to leave enough plastic so its strong, then buy a little luggage lock, and lock it to your brake cable, or something else solid on the bike. then you can take it off at any time
hmm... thats a good idea...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts