Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get some feedback on what color red for the rims people think best matches the red Konica Minolta fairings. I was suggested candy red but I feel as though that color would make the rims brighter than the fairings? I'm wanting the entire bike to meld pretty much like the repsol with it's orange rims. Thanks for reading!

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
mines candy apple red /w sparkles
IMO ITS NICE, BUT IT ISNT RED ENOUGH FOR ME. IF I CAN GO BACK AND CHANGE WHICH I MIGHT THIS WINTER I AM GOING TO GET DUCATI RED ON THE RIM .ITLL STAND OUT WAY NICERS. HOPE THIS HELPS BUDDY, LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
mines candy apple red /w sparkles
IMO ITS NICE, BUT IT ISNT RED ENOUGH FOR ME. IF I CAN GO BACK AND CHANGE WHICH I MIGHT THIS WINTER I AM GOING TO GET DUCATI RED ON THE RIM .ITLL STAND OUT WAY NICERS. HOPE THIS HELPS BUDDY, LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE

ya that red is a little bit too dark for ur bike, id say go lighter, and go for a matte finish with the rims, its hard to keep shiny rims clean

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
yesh my red is a bit dark, but like i said i saw another 600rr in town red ducati red rims and wow, u can see red from 100 feet from the bike. sexyy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice photos Nuttynu, thanks for that! It gives me the comparison I wanted with the candy red. Does anyone know of other members with these fairings and Duc red rims? I wonder what that looks like? Is the red on the fairings a "Honda" red? I mean, there are a ton of variations on the color red right? I just want to be specific when I get them pc'd :)

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Nice photos Nuttynu, thanks for that! It gives me the comparison I wanted with the candy red. Does anyone know of other members with these fairings and Duc red rims? I wonder what that looks like? Is the red on the fairings a "Honda" red? I mean, there are a ton of variations on the color red right? I just want to be specific when I get them pc'd :)
your welcome. jsut go to a ducati dealer, and youll see how there red rims look like, much more brighter red. almost like ferrari red :)
the candy red i have is almost like a maroon, cant really notice that its red untill your close to the bike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crow, my fairings are actually on their way and I was hoping to get my rims done in the meantime but I'm worried that the color won't be to my liking which is why I'm wondering if I should just wait so I have a color they can palette? Decisions, decisions!

Ace03, I've considered that but I think I would like red better :D

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Crow, my fairings are actually on their way and I was hoping to get my rims done in the meantime but I'm worried that the color won't be to my liking which is why I'm wondering if I should just wait so I have a color they can palette? Decisions, decisions!

imo, if you have time and aint in a rush to ride, just wait till you get your fairings and all then PC them. i did all my mods in the winter and i had plentyfull of time, yet tho i rush a bit as well.. its that feeling of seeing the finish project, i understand bruh

·
Registered
76 Posts

Whichever way you go bikes gonna look awesome. Good luck. RUBBER DOWN.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's true that I want to see her put together as soon as possible hehe. I think I'll take the advice to wait and get her done to my exact liking. Thanks everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts