Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, maybe the area was just too big, or mayber it was just a bad batch. however, the pens i bought to touch up the tank of my orange 08 just looked downright bad. there was just no orange to it at all. i bought the base the color, and the clearcoat, and it was just a mess. definitely would not recommend if youre doing a something other than the tiniest of tiny scratches on your bike. will post pics of how it turned out for me. area was roughly the size of a penny

·
Registered
303 Posts
Have to agree with you. I bought the touch up pen and was really disappointed after waiting a week for it to arrive. I followed the insructions and the paint didnt adhere to the surface properly and just kept dripping. I guess it will work on thin scratches.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
damn that sucks bro.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did you guys pick up the primer too?
Not the base coat, but primer that color rite offers? A friend told me that paint wont stick to plastic (our fairings) unless you have some kind of chemical primer.

I'm considering ordering from colorite but held off when I realized that my order went from a base color and top color to base, top, primer, and clear coat. I also couldnt decide between pens and pots.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I did not get the primer, I just got what they instructed for me which was those 3 pens. Perhaps youll have better luck with that. I thought about getting a jar because the price wasnt much different. Oh well just have to buy a non repair job tank :/

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,287 Posts
sucks to hear bro... i got some touch up from them before but one of them i never used (on my car)... and stuff i did use was on my YZ250 and looked okay... (this is a couple years back though...)

·
Registered
55 Posts
So...what touch up pens/brushes do you use? Particularly for a matte/pearl on the Graffiti? I had the ColorRites (base/paint/clear) for my '06 Blue F4i and the paint always came out way too dark even with small scratches. Hated them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.