Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 07' and I think the silver mid-fairing looks kinda goofy. I much prefer the black of the 08', the red lower cowl wouldn't hurt anything either.

From what I understand, as far as fit goes, the plastics are interchangeable on the 07-08 models, and a lot of people are doing the mid swaps. What I was wondering though, is the red on the 08' the same as the red on 07' if I chose to do the lower cowl swap?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Call Ron Ayers and have them look up the color codes, or you can try to do it yourself on their microfiche site. :banger:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah its the same. Honda red haha

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
yea its same.. but if your changing mids black why would you also change the lowers red? will look like OEM 08.. id do gloss black mids

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea its same.. but if your changing mids black why would you also change the lowers red? will look like OEM 08.. id do gloss black mids
Well yeah, that's the idea haha. I much prefer the look of the 08', but for $4800 for the 07' with only 2900 miles I couldn't pass it up.

And I thought the mids on the 08' were gloss, but apparently not, so what years has the gloss mids?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looked on the colorrite site. The color code is R157 for the italian red but they have the 07' and 09' reds on a separate SKU# than the 08' red. What's that about?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I am having this same thought now. I have seen a rear tail unit for the tri colour RR and am thinking of replacing my scuffed white and black tail unit with this one but I am not sure if the white will be the same pearl white on mine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts