Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day guys, i just replaced my rectifier, could this be the culprit in my fuse being busted after every ride. Your inputs, tnx

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
yes/no i would double check make sure you dont have a rubbed through wire up front.. but while your riding do you notice you lose your gauges??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesnt come off when i ride it. Gauges will be out when i start it again to go home. This happened to me thrice already

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
take it for a spin and see what happens if you have gauges after you start it sounds like your ok... otherwise i would start lookin for wires that are rubbed through and touchin a ground

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need to replace the fuse again. If its a short circuit, it should blew right away but it doesnt. The fuse blows after i turned off the engine after a short ride. When i switch the ignition, no lights, tach, speedo. The only thing that is ok in the combi meter is the clock

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I would be looking at your tail light and rear license plate light...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brake lights are doing ok, how do i check the auxillary fan?

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Not the brake light... the tail light. It runs off the same fuse as the gauges, and 99% of the time that's where the problem will be...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not the brake light... the tail light. It runs off the same fuse as the gauges, and 99% of the time that's where the problem will be...
^^This. Check the wires running to the taillight from under the tail fairing to the actual light for a short/bare wire.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
what kind of flushmounts do you have??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts