MotoGP 2006

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, what's up with Rossi this year? Having some bad luck so far. I am a big fan and I really hope he get's it all worked out soon as I want to see him back on the stand ASAP!

Take the Poll ^^^

Who will be on top for 06?

Rossi

Hayden

?

Jason

·
Registered
507 Posts
they cant get the setup for his 06 bike quite right. I remember reading somewhere that yamaha has a new frame for him, with different adjustment points.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
me too dude, i'm also a fan, if Yamashit had their sh!t together i doubt these guys would win.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vaep0r said:
they cant get the setup for his 06 bike quite right. I remember reading somewhere that yamaha has a new frame for him, with different adjustment points.
Yup, your right. The old frame is suppose to be back for the next race.

Figures Crossed.

Jason

·
Registered
623 Posts
Screw Rossi and the yamatards...more action up front makes for a very interesting season. He's had his reign and its time for new blood. I barely watched the last two seasons because it was a Rossi show. Can you say booooooooring? Same goes for F1 when Schumi was always leading the pack. Will Hayden or Pedrosa be like Alonso?

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
how can you say it's boring? rossi's on a technically inferior bike & he's managed to win against riders on superior machines, i call that talent, now he's having problems & he's getting frustrated which i think is good for the sport but i'd like to see him get back up & start demolishing the competition, remember this is bike racing it's way different than formula sh!t where passing takes place at the pits.

today's season it's hard to tell who's gonna be champion maybe midseason we'll be able to tell who's gonna become '06 world champion.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
i usually hate it when someone always wins, like Schumi or Matt, but Rossi was the first GP rider i liked from the 250 days of draging around rubber chickens, and doing crazy sh*t. Even when he was way out front the races always seemed to be exciting. But this season has been amazing! and you got to love Nicky out in front of the championship. Personaly, i hope Rossi closes the gap alittle and makes it interesting, but if it was up to me, i'd say that this is the year Rossi should finish second to Hayden with Edwards and Hopkins right behind him. Still a huge rossi fan, but i'm ready to see some red white and blue mixing it up.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Screw Hayden! Goooooooooo!!!! Rossi!

Jason

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rossi rides a Yamaha, I will support the riders of my brand, Honda. So not that I don't like Rossi but I am happy to see the Hondas up front and I am in no hurry for him to get his s**t together...

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
if Honda wasn't an arrogant prick & told Rossi the RC211V is the reason why he's MotoGP champion he wouldn't have left HRC for Yamaha, i love my Honda but i sympathize with Rossi, he just wanted to prove a point & he's done so for the past 2 seasons.

knowing Honda they won't bend on their knees to beg Rossi to come back to HRC they have their hopes bankrolled on Robotface (Pedrosa) to win the championship back to Honda, i'd start worrying about the Squidzukis though looks like they're making progress after that humiliation at Qatar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rossi chose to ride the Yamaha let him enjoy the fruits of his labor! Ha Not only that even if that piece of S#@t was working right Dani would be all over his ass! Fastest lap of the race lap 19 of 22 and a 14 second gap over the rest of the field except Nicky!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I wouldnt say that rossi's bike is technically inferior, it is a better handling and braking bike then the rc211v, the rc211v is right behind it on braking and handling, but blows it away on hp. 260+ for the rc211v vs the 240+ that the m1 produces

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
yeah, this is an interesting situation as a fan...being a fan of Rossi and Honda. when he was talking about switiching i thought, 'crap, if he wins it means the honda wasn't as good, and if he doesn't it means he's not as good...either way I lose!' but i'm glad he made the change. HRC did act high and mighty, like they didn't need rossi and that's bull, plus alot of the improvemnt in the Yamaha as been atributed to Rossi as a test rider. So, Rossi proves he's "one step closer to god" (--Troy Bayliss) and honda is still a wicked bike. Also, i think losing the champtionship took alittle of the ego out of HRC and thier nose is back on the grindstone which can only mean better RC211v's (hence the success this year) going forward. In the end, i say Go Rossi! and Go Factory Honda! make it close and i'll be happy for whoever it is that wins. (unless is Pedrosa, i like him, but he can't win a champtionship before Hayden...that would be alittle embarssing.)

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm ok with Yamaha... I mean $hit, it could have been Suxzuki!

hahahaha

Jason

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Rossi is good and I won't deny it, but he did it right by taking the whole team with him last season. He wouldn't have done so well without Burgess seting up the bike. Plus they had all the data from the Honda and knew what worked there as well as new data provided by Yamaha.

I'd like to see Nicky take the championship. The last few races have boosted his confidence and I hope he continues to run up front.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wolley said:
Rossi is good and I won't deny it, but he did it right by taking the whole team with him last season. He wouldn't have done so well without Burgess seting up the bike. Plus they had all the data from the Honda and knew what worked there as well as new data provided by Yamaha.

I'd like to see Nicky take the championship. The last few races have boosted his confidence and I hope he continues to run up front.
Good, he's Grrrrrreat!! =]

Keep dreaming if you think Hayden is going to take it.

Jason

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well last I checked he was first in points. Where'd Rossi finish the last race. :poke :poke

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wolley said:
Well last I checked he was first in points. Where'd Rossi finish the last race. :poke :poke
Will see if you say the same thing when the season is drawing to a close.

Jason

·
Registered
507 Posts
me too, I hope that nicky can take the championship this year, Rossi has won every motogp world championship since the switch to the 990cc 4 stroke, it would be nice to see one other person win before the switched to a different bike format again.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts