Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fiance says the rr is horrible as a passenger bike. Is there a sport bike that is comfortable for both rider and passenger? I really only commute with mine and ride for fun. I have heard that the 05-06 ish 636 are pretty comfy but bulky and less nimble. I don't think that will bother me but was wondering what dot net experience says?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
My girlfriend says the same thing pretty much. She will go for a ride with me every now and then but hates the seat. Not sure about which bike is passenger rider comfortable though.

I suppose you could get a Corbin seat for both seats of you wanted to make a difference. I've heard they are pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
i think all street bikes for a passenger are probably horrible... Ur best bet would be a cruiser if u, and she would like comfort... I mean the passenger seats on all sport bikes are about the same size and quality...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a Ninja 500R with a Corbin seat, I think that would probably be as comfortable as it gets for the passenger on street bikes. RR's or ZX's, I don't think Corbin seats would make any bit of difference... I think it would still be uncomfortable for the passenger no matter what.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If you care about a passengers comfort and still want sportbike, then the closest you are going to get is a sport tourer.

Yamaha FJR
Kawi Concours
Honda ST1300
BMW K1300S

And.. Ducati Diavel.

I've already been told my next bike is the Diavel. Doesn't bother me none either. I was thinking FLHX (HD Street Glide) but was told NO! Alright by me.. :shakehand :salute: :crackup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haha, apparently our fiance's have the same opinion about being the passenger on our bikes. Might just have to pick up a little honda or ninja 250....

ctekguy.... love that ducati

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
my wife never complained on the back of my 929. it had a corbin on it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Reactions: tarteman

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
cant imagine it would be... you can always add a gel insert or extra padding if a corbin is out of your price range.

+1 on the sport touring, I will probably have one as my next bike just for commuting and long rides

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
i think all street bikes for a passenger are probably horrible... Ur best bet would be a cruiser if u, and she would like comfort... I mean the passenger seats on all sport bikes are about the same size and quality...
QFL, the 600rr is pretty much the only sportbike out there with a hard front and rear seat.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
want her to be comfy cozy???

tell her to get her own bike LoL its much nicer to ride with my minister of war and finance with her on her on bike!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts