Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a custom map on my bike and was curious to what kind of gains others had with their full systems on the 07-08 CBR600RR.

My bikes full system setup:
2007 CBR 600RR
Full TiForce titanium exhaust
PC3
OEM air filter
91 octane fuel

Gains:
Before the custom map peak HP was 100.36 (& 41.11 torque)
With custom map, 105.86 (& 43.47 torque)

I haven't even ridden the bike yet but just revving it the throttle feels snappier. Looking forward to my trackday on Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
I have an 07 with the following:

Akra SO with Arrow headers
BMC street filter
PCV
Gutted intake

On 91 octane

Final HP = 105.69 (& 42.2 torques)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Edit: Sorry, overlooked the fact that you were looking for full system gains.

My 07 did really well in terms of gains. Only mod was a Jardine slipon. I put in a new air filter before the custom map too. 6.5whp gain.

·
Registered
755 Posts
This is AWESOME. This is exactly why I don't feel the need to spend stupid money on performance upgrades. I have a yosh slip, bmc air filter and a PC. I did the exhaust for the sound and look over stock, changed the air filter cuz it was time and added a PC to make everything run as it should. I love how the guy with just a slip-on made the most power!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was never expecting huge HP gains. I was just expecting the power delivery to be a be smoother and snappier. With any exhaust upgrades, mapping is necessary. What I do like about this full system is the weight savings. 9lbs of titanium always wins over 20-30 lbs of stock exhaust.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
this is awesome. This is exactly why i don't feel the need to spend stupid money on performance upgrades. I have a yosh slip, bmc air filter and a pc. I did the exhaust for the sound and look over stock, changed the air filter cuz it was time and added a pc to make everything run as it should. I love how the guy with just a slip-on made the most power!
:+1::+1::+1::+1:

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is AWESOME. This is exactly why I don't feel the need to spend stupid money on performance upgrades. I have a yosh slip, bmc air filter and a PC. I did the exhaust for the sound and look over stock, changed the air filter cuz it was time and added a PC to make everything run as it should. I love how the guy with just a slip-on made the most power!
You can't look at Dyno sheets and tell what motor has more power unless they were done on the same Dyno on the same day/humidity/temp. Dyno's will differ from one to the next and then factor in the weather and there is just no way to tell. Best thing to do is Dyno before your Mod and Dyno again right after the install to see what was gained. That is the only way to tell what that Mod did in terms of gains.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I was never expecting huge HP gains. I was just expecting the power delivery to be a be smoother and snappier. With any exhaust upgrades, mapping is necessary. What I do like about this full system is the weight savings. 9lbs of titanium always wins over 20-30 lbs of stock exhaust.
Ok to agree with you, yes that is a good reason to get a full exhaust BUT I'm just tired of the guys that have huge chicken strips, with all these pricey upgrades not making use of them at all. In a nut shell you do NOT need a full exhaust unless your leading or close to leading the pack at the track! On the street the only gain from a full exhaust that cost you just shy of a grand is alil different sound and bragging rights that's it.

You can't look at Dyno sheets and tell what motor has more power unless they were done on the same Dyno on the same day/humidity/temp. Dyno's will differ from one to the next and then factor in the weather and there is just no way to tell. Best thing to do is Dyno before your Mod and Dyno again right after the install to see what was gained. That is the only way to tell what that Mod did in terms of gains.
You are correct but I still doubt there would be a huge difference.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts

:+1: This is exactly right. It's worthless to try to compare charts with someone else on the other side of the country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts