Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, so I'm having a little trouble with my baby. Its a 600rr 2005 model and displaying the symptoms of an open circuit/loose connector - Im sure you've all heard about it. The fuel guage keeps flashing and the level bars keep blinking in any order they desire. So ive pulled gotten under the tank and tried to locate the loose connector with no such luck.

Basically when the tank is held in the elevated position with a screwdriver sitting on the chassis keeping the tank up. the FI light comes on engages the fuel pump and the bike starts fine but remove the screwdriver and hold the tank in the exact same position - nothing. No FI light no pump engages. So im in a bit of a pickle so to speak, any advice is appreciated.

Thankyou :wink2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So the situation is behaving different today, possibly as i washed the bike 10 hours before the original occurance ??? now the fuel pump does not engage until ive hit the starter a few times..

Not sure whats going on. Ive added photos for reference, cleaned the wire attached to the bottom of the fuel pump and checked the ground wires to the frame they are snug, Ive also attached
the only connector from the fuel pump to the wiring harness. Any advice? Hopefully these images resize cause they are big on this screen

Body earth/ground

Only connector between fuel pump and wiring. No issues here

Fuel pump earth? Cleaned up before posting here didn't make any difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replace fuel pump job?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another interesting factor - the cluster will not light up it is dark with no black lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check your FUSES. If you have a blown fuse for the cluster that means you have a shorted wire making contact somewhere. Also check the fuel pump s getting power. Also try to manually power the fuel pump with 12 volt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turned out one of the earths had only 1 wire attached and the other barely making contact. Thanks boys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts