Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in here driven the newer R6s? Im kinda stuck on whether i want an R6 or 600rr for my next bike. The local bike stores dont let u take test rides (the ones in florida let you, but not here in ohio, strange), the only difference i noticed was the seat was a lil more comfy on the r6. I noticed the weight difference between the bikes, and of course the undertail exhaust... What are the pros and cons

I dont plan on racing, just commuting and driving around my lil town like usual.......and maybe in a few years some stunting..

What do you guys think? In the end i kno its my decision, but im just so stuck right now.. Obviously your gonna be biased to ur 600rr, but i just wanna know what you think

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ahhhhhh...... Do a search. i have not ridden the r6 but they are sooo close it is really a matter of preference. Which one do you like the most?

And if you get a rr then you can continue to hang around here. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had an 01 R6 prior to buying my 03 600rr. I will say the R6 has impressive handling, but I can certainly feel a little power bias on the RR. I haven't been up to Deal's Gap on the RR yet, but probably will head up tomorrow to thrash her around. I love the styling of both bikes, but if you do your research you'll find R6s have a tendency to destroy 2nd gear and as far as I know, Yamaha is STILL not warrantying them. I've read horror stories from guys with 6000 miles on their R6 with 2nd gear starting to slip and Yamaha won't do **** about it. Something to consider in buying a new bike.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
never rode an R6 but just from the looks and quality you have got to go with the 600RR hands down. sure the R6's seat is a bit thicker but you can always go with a corbin seat. the R6 has cheap looking plastic shields/guards and to me just the overall stance is funny compared to the 600RR. one of my local dealers had the 600RR and the R6 sitting side by side and just from the looks and quality along with everyone else having nothing but great things to say about honda made my decision for me. I definitely like the cleaner look of the undertail exhaust better, it gives the bike a sleek tough look. hope you make a decision that will make you and only you happy for years to come, good luck.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
BTW if it is commuting and such then take a look at the f4i. Sweet bike and a little more comfortable then either of the others.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
My god man, we jsut did this. Look down this foruma dn find it. It's there.
lol That too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.