Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took ABATE this weekend and passed. I learned a lot about riding and would recommend it to anyone. I'm positive about 90% of the people on here has taken it as well, but I'm glad I did. I surprisingly felt like I was riding about 70% correct before taking ABATE. Things like looking into the turn when cornering are things I was already doing before taking the course. I'm glad I took the course, and now I feel a lot more confident in my riding abilities. I'm still taking it easy not riding outside my skill level and looking forward to riding all summer safely.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to get my endorsement tomorrow, BMV is closed in Indiana on Tuesdays.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
During practice on Saturday the figure 8 was a hit or miss with me. On Sunday I nailed it twice in a row before the test, then on the test I put my foot down once. I was pissed!

·
Registered
500 Posts
the figure 8 is mean! i put my foot down too.
do u get a coupon for 10% off cyclegear? i got mine after finishing the msf course =)
and dont forget to tell ur insurance company that you finished it so u can get a discount.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
congrats! I took mine last feb and it helped a lot since my RR was my first...one year later still squid free!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I'd take the MSF again if it didn't cost so damn much or if my insurance offered a discount. Good fun.

It was about 5 years ago, but I remember having a hard time to keep my head up. I kept wanting to look at the ground.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The MSF course and instructions have saved me plenty of times from accidents/avoidance.

I think it should be national law to get an endorsement in every state....heck who knows, maybe it will cut down on squids!!!! LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Same here. Confidence level went UP after the MSF course. But with in my limits dough. I always recommend it to people who are thinking about buying a bike, I am sure you all get the "Oh I'm planning on getting a bike" from EVERYONE hahahaha

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Same here. Confidence level went UP after the MSF course. But with in my limits dough. I always recommend it to people who are thinking about buying a bike, I am sure you all get the "Oh I'm planning on getting a bike" from EVERYONE hahahaha

haha so true!

I thought it was the law to get an endorsment in order to ride legally? or are they just banking on not getting caught?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts