Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i searched for this topic but came up with zip.

Simple question. When first starting out riding, did you feel completely drained of energy after a while?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
definately been noticing the cramps in the hands. especially the right one. i have been using my legs more to get some weight off of my wrists but i dont think there is anything i can do for my hand

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
officerbrat said:
definately been noticing the cramps in the hands. especially the right one. i have been using my legs more to get some weight off of my wrists but i dont think there is anything i can do for my hand
stop ham fisting the throttle, and stretch often. move your hand around abit and change your grip on the throttle. softer grips help somewhat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ceph said:
stop ham fisting the throttle, and stretch often. move your hand around abit and change your grip on the throttle. softer grips help somewhat.
k this is where the newbie comes out in me. what in the world is ham fisting?

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
officerbrat said:
k this is where the newbie comes out in me. what in the world is ham fisting?
sqeezing the grip with all you got, like your afraid it'll slip loose.
you prolly don't even realize your doing it, i still catch myself doing it from time to time, it's a nerve thing, heavy traffic, loose gravel. a car changing lanes.... holding onto the bars for dear life.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah. gotcha. i probably am. i have a bad habbit of clenching my mouth shut too. so im gonna try to loosen up some. told my fiance i wanted to look into new grips. ty for your help guys

·
Registered
508 Posts
i have a habit of gripping the grips to hard as well. takes time. been riding since christmas now and still havent broke myself from doing it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yeah I'm used to the seat now... but my hands still hurt and neck get sore.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the seat really hasnt been bothering me b/c i have learned to roll my hips so my back is straight. im sure this may be more comfortable for a girl then a guy lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DethMetal Jeff said:
Yes, too much hip roll puts the boys in a bad situation.
fiance rode. said that his butt started hurting. tried to move and ended up hurting another area instead:icon_lol: im sure that this isnt really funny to guys but it was when he explained it

·
Registered
508 Posts
yea ive found it quite funny here recently when i go to put the front tire down and im sitting to close to the tank and the front end comes down alittle to fast. not ! it aint funny at all. (thats right farbio and flammedRider, yall are a bad influence. been practicing wheelies since you guys came down). lol . i need a cushion btwn the gas tank and my croch. ha ha

·
Registered
540 Posts
got the same for a while. over time it decresed as i tried to keep my weight off my arms, but i kept wondering when/if it would ever go away.

now when i ride i spend a lot of time w/ minimal body weight beyond my elbows. seems like i mostly have 2 pivot points, at my elbows and at my waist (don't hang off tho, streets and all). no idea if i'm riding right, but the pain stopped and i feel in good control of the bike. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had that problem for a few weeks then I read about squeezing the tank with your knees to help support your weight. That helped me a ton and I haven't had much problems. And I have hit the brakes hard in a more butt comfortable riding position only to hurt those certain areas aforementioned :)

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
another thing i noticed regarding the squeezing tank idea is that if you put your toes on the pegs like you should it raises your knees and allows you to sit up a little more and put more weight on your lower back and legs. will help with the hand cramps. also, those will fade in time as your muscles adjust to the demand.

·
Registered
206 Posts
for a newbie rider you will get more fatigue because your mind and your body are focusing alot, but after you get better you won't have to focus as much and your body will just relax...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts