Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I felt like i was living the youtube video with the redneck trying to run the sportbike off the road. See

I was driving to work this morning, switched lanes (without signaling) and a truck with raised suspension starts tailgating me. I ignore him and continue on my way. He then passes me, accelerates, cuts me off and hits the break. At this point I’m wondering what the hell this guy's doing.. He then takes off, I follow him get beside him and waive at him (he looks at me and yells I can’t understand a thing he’s saying since his window is rolled up. He then accelerates again, i follow him and he hits the break again. A few blocks more and a light turns red i roll up to him, he rolls down his window and i’m like: ‘Ok so what’s the problem?’ He then starts yelling at me how I didn’t signal, and how us sport bike riders give every rider a bad name, and how we speed and kill ourselves ect. ect. ect.. I ask him ‘so is it ok for you to put my life in danger because I didn’t signal?’ He says yes and continues to yell **** at me. I ask him why he’s yelling at me and to calm down. He then gets out of the truck and asks me if i want to go. I just look at him and he calls me soft nuts or something gets back in his truck gives me the finger and takes off. I then sit there and wonder what the f*@k i did wrong.. Basically I think I have to chalk it up to his cognitive dissonance with bikes.. Yes i should have signaled, he’s right about that but that’s not a reason for him to try to kill me, i mean i think my son wouldn’t be seeing eye to eye with him on that one...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
OP you have alotttttt better attitude than I did. He basically tried to kill you or your buddy b/c you didn't signal that you were passing. I don't see anyone...cars included do that unless there is a cop around. Im pretty sure I would of lost it and left dude in a ditch with four blown tires. But you should edit that vid and take it to the cops honestly. Some would consider that attempted vehiclular homicide...seriously

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OP you have alotttttt better attitude than I did. He basically tried to kill you or your buddy b/c you didn't signal that you were passing. I don't see anyone...cars included do that unless there is a cop around. Im pretty sure I would of lost it and left dude in a ditch with four blown tires. But you should edit that vid and take it to the cops honestly. Some would consider that attempted vehiclular homicide...seriously
I wish it would have been you instead of me so you can better make him understand that he's an idiot lol..

That wasn't me in the video tho that video is how i felt like this morning.. very similar incident

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i should have signaled but it's not like i cut him off.. he was a block away when i switched lanes

·
Registered
714 Posts
wow im sorry i would of seriously whopped the **** out of that guy, i dont care if i went to jail.. i would have sent him to the hospital with a broken everything. ill take a whack with whatever he had in his hand just to get to him, unless it was a samurai sword.. i wouldnt want to get whacked with that hahaha but foreal

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
get his plate at least? yea like lowns said send that to the police
No didn't get his plate I was too stunned by the whole incident to even think about it. I just regret not saying some things to him that I should have... Maybe he would have seen that he was in the wrong. :retard:

·
Registered
714 Posts
omfg fail! but i suppose it happens to the best of us when sh!t hits the fan. dang what kinda of recorder is that? looks like its from the 70's hehe better than mine i dont got one. trying to figure out how to mount my cell

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
In the future its best not to further the situation. At most get his license plate and report him. I would not suggest following him/pulling up next to him to see what his "issue is". It is not worth knowing, as he has already has shown to you he has no regard for your safety/life.

Best thing to do is get yourself out of a bad potentially worse situation. Im glad you made it out alright and safe to ride another day.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Ah ok I thought that was your vid. Yeah thats just stupid. I'm a firm believer in brake checking ppl, but have never and will never do anything like that to a biker. And I was like that before I even though about riding. No matter how stupid a person is acting I'm not going have a biker's blood on my hands. Its not like you will just spin out and end up in a ditch (like in a car) you could die. Glad you are ok though. Stuff like this is why we all need a go pro ....just to get license plates

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You sir have my approval lol you can definitely keep your cool a hell of a lot better than I can, I would have been on him like white on rice!!! Who the hell is he to take your life into his hands by driving the way he did, and to think the things he did were a justification because you failed to signal... What a piece of work that guy was, I've had people pull up along side me and yell and gesture to me but I would be dammed if any of them tried to harm me while on the road. Some people are just half retarded when I comes to driving I guess and don't understand that stupid choices like this can impact their whole lives not just that split moment they make the decision to cut you off and try to slam on the brakes like that

·
Registered
319 Posts
No didn't get his plate I was too stunned by the whole incident to even think about it. I just regret not saying some things to him that I should have... Maybe he would have seen that he was in the wrong. :retard:
getting his plate would have done nothing for you, I made that mistake once...
Was riding on the freeway when a guy in a mercedes switched lanes into me, i was in the slow lane so he literally pushed me off the road, somehow I held on and saved it but at the moment he hit me while I was doing 70-ish I was certain this was the end. I guess he never saw me but when he finally noticed, he sped off like crazy.
Now this was LA morning traffic so I could fairly easy catch up with him. When I did he first pretended I wasn't there, then finally opened his window and started swearing at me... and then rode off i was sooo stunned! and still shaking from my near death experience.
Afterwards there were a 100 scenarios how I could/should have kicked the crap out of him and/or his car but I did not. I did however get his plate so called the police to report the hit and run. They told me I could not file a report over the phone so had to come in, I went over during lunch, 20 mns drive each way and then an hour to fill out all their stupid forms.
A few months later I got a letter from CHP telling me the case was dropped, they contacted the owner of the car and he told them he was not driving it that day but lend it to his gf. that was that... I will never waste that much time unless I have a witness. all i can do is hope he at least shat himself a bit when the police contacted him but the sneaky mf he is i am sure he just chuckled.

sorry didn't mean to hijack the tread but still angry about the whole thing... moral of the story though: unless you have a witness I am pretty sure the police can't do anything for you.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Unfortunately, people like that exist. For several reasons.

#1 They're eternally stupid, driving a big truck that doesn't go real fast and basically eats all their money through the tank.

#2 They're never going to understand anything in regards to precision, hence they are eternally resigned to maintaining a downward spiral in their life and existence, forcing them to simply watch as their life morphs into their bad dream in shambles.

#3 Being a dirtbag sucks, even beating on one does absolutely no good. Really, do you go into the woods and beat on old tree stumps? C'mon, it doesn't take long to realize that it accomplishes nothing, betters neither you nor them and the best you can hope for would be in not becoming infected through contact with a borderline zombie.

Avoidance, or ICBM are the only choices.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah ok I thought that was your vid. Yeah thats just stupid. I'm a firm believer in brake checking ppl, but have never and will never do anything like that to a biker. And I was like that before I even though about riding. No matter how stupid a person is acting I'm not going have a biker's blood on my hands. Its not like you will just spin out and end up in a ditch (like in a car) you could die. Glad you are ok though. Stuff like this is why we all need a go pro ....just to get license plates
Yeah i'm really thinking about a gopro after this **** went down..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately, people like that exist. For several reasons.

#1 They're eternally stupid, driving a big truck that doesn't go real fast and basically eats all their money through the tank.

#2 They're never going to understand anything in regards to precision, hence they are eternally resigned to maintaining a downward spiral in their life and existence, forcing them to simply watch as their life morphs into their bad dream in shambles.

#3 Being a dirtbag sucks, even beating on one does absolutely no good. Really, do you go into the woods and beat on old tree stumps? C'mon, it doesn't take long to realize that it accomplishes nothing, betters neither you nor them and the best you can hope for would be in not becoming infected through contact with a borderline zombie.

Avoidance, or ICBM are the only choices.
hahahaha LOL! Yeah that was what I was thinking.. stupid redneck is making himself look bad by steping out of the car. He was with a passenger lady and I wanted to say to her: 'I hope you didn't marry this guy' lol In either case he just made himself look bad haha

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
sigh....why can't we (motorcyclist and cars) get along.... people nowadays seems to think that they can do whatever they want.

if that was me watching my friend almost getting killed .... I think I would have pull that red neck out of the truck and bash his head in with my helmet ....

it's sad to see society has actuall regress....people are getting dumber everyday..

·
Registered
88 Posts
That video just pissed me off. I have my conceal to carry but never carry on my bike. Makes me want to start doing so incase some jackass tries that **** on me. He would be shitting his britches real quick. **** them back wood thinking fucktards. Who gives a **** if you know the roads you about killed 4-5 bikes along the way not including the one you were chasing. If i was the bikes that about got hit on the way I would have turned around and kicked his ass. Like mewtwo I would have left his ass in the ditch. Turn the camera off first tho

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts