Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions to some computer games? I like Warcraft style games....I used to play them like 5 years ago. Now i have some free time to F around so i figured i'd buy one. Lemme know what you guys play.

G

·
Why not WoW? that's just about the only one yopu should consider if that's the style of gaming you're into. Othewise there's FFXI Online...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
WoW is nothing like the Warcraft you used to play back in the day, so I wouldn't recomend it if you are looking for a strategy game. If you want a good strategy game, you can't go wrong with Command and Conquer: Generals and Zero Hour. Couple of years old, but there's still no game that tops them.

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:
i just purchase command and conquer GENERALS.
http://www.wonderworld.it/catalog/images/prodotti1/Command%20&%20Conquer%20First%20Decade.jpg

i just passed the game the other day. its great!!! what an improvement from one to another. this link is what i purchased... its a delux package with all command and conquers editions up to the new GENERALS.

here is a link to the review of the game and screenshot...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/commandconquergenerals/index.html?q=command%20and%20conquer%20generals
it's even better when you play agains other peeps. Me and my other geek buds have lan parties that go for hours playing this game.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
nickbass said:
Counter Strike isnt a strategy game. Age of Empires 3 is pretty cool. Also Command and Conqeur is a good game.
Counry-strike isnt a real time strat game? Jeez, and all along I thaught games like starcraft and warcraft were first person shooters! ... im all mixed up.

Just saying, counter-strike owns regardless or wether or not you like strategy games.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Whatever you do, stay away from Starcraft. I dusted my copy off a couple of weeks ago after taking a break from WoW and it's nothing but 12yr old kids playing that act like jackasses and stab you in the back every chance they get.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
_Jay_ said:
Whatever you do, stay away from Starcraft. I dusted my copy off a couple of weeks ago after taking a break from WoW and it's nothing but 12yr old kids playing that act like jackasses and stab you in the back every chance they get.
Haha, its actually mostly euro and koreans now. But yes, it gets annoying whenever you tell somebody your American and they all team up and kill you because they hate the fact that we are the world police.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I used to play Age of Empires, I also played Call of Duty. I still sign on the multiplayer Call of Duty games sometimes when I feel like getting a little aggression out. Although after getting sucked in a for a couple hours, I am even more pissed off than before cuz I keep getting killed by some little punkass!

·
Registered
267 Posts
A pretty fun one would be Lord of the rings battle for middle earth, also if you want something that will blow your socks off go get Company of Heros. That is an incredible game.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i hear you guys on that starcraft ish. I got backstabbbed soooo hard . lately i just play use map settings maps or plan to be backstabbed and go in with a friend. when they decide to start, we are READYY and ive always been a top player anywhere (people used to want to challenge me from different schools.. gay i know but hey i am still proud) so with me and my friend, we usually do a good job or turning the tables on theose guys.

ur rite tho... they are all kids and almost all are asian, specifically korean.. hell im half korean and i was born IN korea so i guess i cant talk. im 23 tho so i got that at least.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Warhammer 40,000: dawn of war and the expansion for it is the only one i can think of right now. Dont really play many strategy games. Been playing flatout 2 and I think thats a pretty fun game.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I still play warcraft 3. Its still fun for me, even though ladder games are hard to find now, the custom games are still a blast.
WoW isn't really much fun, i played it back in the day, got lvl 60 and got as high as i could go then quit- supposedly it has gotten better with the new content, I quit like a year ago.
Guild Wars is what im starting up now, its a great game if you like RPG based things.

I havent seen any good new RTS games, try PCgamer's website or something, i get their magazines and theres good reviews. I think there was one called Age of Mythology (or an Age of Empires sequel) that was pretty good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts