Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i need help from a computer person

so i spilled orange juice on my laptop shut it off and pulled out battery let it dry took off the top and cleaned the boards with a board cleaner to prevent corrosion but the keyboard is sealed and i cant clean the board of it and the end key keeps getting stuck on when im in a forum or anything so is there a program i can get to stop the function of that key i have windows vista

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
You say the keyboard is sealed?
Orange juice, coffee & milkshakes are the worst for keyboards
Can you remove the keyboard?
On the back of lots of laptops the k/b mounting screws are sometimes marked with a symbol. remove those & the k/b should be able to be removed. This will make cleaning it a lot easier.....
What model / make is it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can get another keyboard for it on ebay for like 20.00 and should be able to replace it in 10 min with a #1 phillips head screwdriver.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I have replaced the keyboard on every laptop I have owned due to keys wearing out and crap getting stuck down in between. All you do is do an internet search under your computer model for a repair manual or keyboard removal. You should find it to be free information. Most computer suppliers will supply that information also. Then I buy a replacement keyboard off Ebay for around $20. They are always easy to install, one ribbon cable, just a couple of tiny torx screws or so to pop it apart to get the keyboard out...cake. A beginner can do it...scale of 1-10 in terms of difficulty...3.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the cheapest i can find a new keyboard is for 60 bucks i took the keyboard off the comp and cleaned the computer but the keyboard part is all sealed underneath

thanks fior the program knight now i gotta find a free one lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mission success guys i found a program that let me delete the key stroke from the registry, so thanks alot guys

·
Registered
145 Posts
Detach the keyboard and you usually can clean them with rubbing alcohol. Since there is nothing but a ribbon coord that attachs to the mobo to the keyboard easy removal and if you search once detached can run water over them to clean them...Keyboards are cheap replacements to...20...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts