Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Should licensed students/teachers be able to carry concealed handguns on campus?

• Yes

Votes: 91 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 49 35.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
i think teachers most of all. and licensed student should be able to carry them but not conceled for students

·
Registered
57 Posts
i encourage anyone & everyone to practice the 2nd amendment! it too depends which state you live in! i have cwp in florida, & in florida law, you can not carry on any school ground , even with a license! becareful the law is kinda tricky too! for example, you can carry in a resturant, but not in a resturant that serve alcohol!
read the laws in ur state carefully & thoughly!
my opinion is , its better that students & teachers not carry, it just makes matters worse if something is to happens! kinda like adding more fuel to a fire thats already outta control!
a quote i always follow! its better to have it and not need it & need it and not have it!
if you feel you can carry and not go gun ho crazy, by all means carry!
stay safe & ride safe !

·
DID has A beard
322 Posts
This is a bad idea all the way around. Accidents happen and is this really the place we want accidents with firearms to happen? One thing that comes from a horrible tragedy is stupid & bad legislation...

·
Registered
3 Posts
good laugh jimmie, just thinking of that Seinfeld episode were Kramer wants to put an exclamation point at the end of every sentence of Elaines book.
I think! That was the funniest!! thing i've read all day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
good laugh jimmie, just thinking of that Seinfeld episode were Kramer wants to put an exclamation point at the end of every sentence of Elaines book.
I think! That was the funniest!! thing i've read all day.
hahahahaha, ur the first to catch that! yes that epicsode was funny as shiet!
oppps, i better stop using it! hehehehehehe

·
Registered
207 Posts
I guarantee you if I had been at V Tech with a handgun only one person would have died. College campuses are no less dangerous than anywhere else just because they're learning environments. You always will have your psychos and gang-banger wannabe pieces of sh*t that are gonna be carrying illegal weapons, and I think that the less regulated nature of colleges even enhances the risk. I see nothing wrong with responsible, mature students and staff at legally carrying at college campuses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wish i could carry one. If some jackass comes onto my campus and starts shooting i want to have something to protect myself with. Im not just gonna hide behind a desk and get shot.

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is a bad idea all the way around. Accidents happen and is this really the place we want accidents with firearms to happen? One thing that comes from a horrible tragedy is stupid & bad legislation...

Are you serious?? Accidents with guns dont happen if you know how to handle one.. most accidents are not accidents at all or it just someone without the right knowledge about firearms.. the poll is about people with permits to carry weapons and you cant just go pick up a concealed weapon permit at walmart.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I feel naked anywhere I can't carry. Which becomes a real problem being stationed in CA. I vote yes for concealed carry campuses.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
the definition of accident is something that absolutely cannot be avoided.

i would be my life that there hasnt been a weapons "accident" in decades. if you load a gun and lay it on a table and it fires with no one touching it. that is an accident. some jackass putting his finger on the trigger when they arent supposed to is not an accident. .

now negligent discharges caused by stupidity. that happens all the time.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Studies show that as the percentage of people carrying concealed weapons goes up, crime against persons goes down.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I'm sorry but not to step on your 2nd amendment but a college campus is no place for guns once so ever. Look in the news for reason why but above else the amount of partying that goes at college... one dumbass drunk kid decide to play with his or god forbid someone elses guns and there could be serious harm brought to people. And thats not even talking about people who plan to do harm. thats just some dumbass who finds out his friend has one and decides to find it and it all ends up badly!

Teachers I can say yes to but not to students... no matter how responsible a person is.. it only takes one dumbass.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Your post doesn't make any sense! People get shot everywhere, schools are not special.

The only assinine legislation that is born from tragedy is the kind that restricts gun owners.

Leave it up to the liberal assclowns to capitalize on the deaths of innocent people by further subjugating their "free" citizens.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Bad idea,and a good one to,hard to say,ya accidents will happen but on the other hand it couls prevent deaths.I'd be the first to pull the trigger if somebody was going to just shoot everybody.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I'm sorry but not to step on your 2nd amendment but a college campus is no place for guns once so ever. Look in the news for reason why but above else the amount of partying that goes at college... one dumbass drunk kid decide to play with his or god forbid someone elses guns and there could be serious harm brought to people. And thats not even talking about people who plan to do harm. thats just some dumbass who finds out his friend has one and decides to find it and it all ends up badly!

Teachers I can say yes to but not to students... no matter how responsible a person is.. it only takes one dumbass.

you do realize that those idiots that you are talking about are below the age to even own a handgun right?

by the time they are old enough to own or carry a handgun its about time to graduate. when i was in college i didnt know many 21 year olds still living in the dorms with freshmen

·
Registered
461 Posts
Breaking news right now-5 shot dead, including gunman, at Northern Illinois University.

Anyone care to rethink their position?

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i voted yay on the cw license. it would be crappy to die because you couldn't protect yourself from a deranged gunman. screw the naysayers... at times when diplomacy does not work, force becomes necessary.

·
Registered
320 Posts
In my opinion I think that they should be able to carry a handgun. I carry my handgun with me everytime I want to go out riding. Its a crazy world out there!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I say boost security...and that doesn't mean add a couple of snoozing wannabees. There must be a way to control who's on Campus and who came in with what? More guns equals more accidents...period.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts