Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not really a post w*#re but i would like some constructive help with my form so here we go....bring on the misery!!! (Racers PLEASE feel free to chime in) Am i to far off....can i carry allot more speed....blah blah blah!!!

This first one is a decending 70ish corner with one apex....so you know what your looking at.

·
Registered
191 Posts
no critiques from me cuz im not qualified to give em but is that palomar?

they fix the tar snakes or is that an older picture. i havent gone in 5 months.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Looking sharp... do you go often?

I would suggest taking a track class that way you can hone in on your skills. I'm pretty much where you're at right now. I have a class going on the 27th. Hopefully I can get some really good help from the instructors at the track.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I think you look fine man. I'd say "tighten up your lines" but you're on the friggin' streets...so definatly don't. Body positioning looks pretty good tho. Good work

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Agree with Meddie....form looks fine enough -- if it works for you, don't screw with it. (My street form and track form are entirely different -- I hardly hang off on the streets.) And street line selection can often be entirely different from track line selection. Depends on the situation.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
havoc said:
Havoc- this was my first time up to the mountains in like 6 months but i do go often, usually about 1-2 a week. Just got back from deployment so trying to get back into it. I just thought it looked like i was trying to hard almost.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I agree with Meddiepie954rr & quasi888. I was struggling to find anything wrong. The ONLY thing that I see is your foot position on/off the peg in the last picture in the right hander. It's hard to tell how far off the peg you are but that's about it. Everything looks good! :thumbup: Do you have any certian concerns about your body position? Anything specific you want us to look at and talk about?

Tim

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Man, everything looks pretty good from here! Nice pics!

man..that second pic...didn't realize they had 40 degree banked corners out there :roll:

J/K man...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
s2ksleepy said:
yeah, one thing i noticed is that i cant look all the way through a right hander since its not an open view.
When your going through a blind corner continue to look "through the corner" as if the road was there. Don't drop your focus in front of you. That's how people panic and either pull in too hard and run off the road or run wide coming out of the turn. You have to image your line continuing on through the trees or whatever is blocking your view.

And ALWAYS go into a blind corner with a reserve. A lot of blind corners are decreasing-radius turns so your going to need that reserve.

Tim

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Feet placement on the pegs is the only thing that really got my atttention but other than that looks good. That armco frightens me but the armco at Daytona is terrifying too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Crash716 said:
havoc said:
Havoc- this was my first time up to the mountains in like 6 months but i do go often, usually about 1-2 a week. Just got back from deployment so trying to get back into it. I just thought it looked like i was trying to hard almost.
yo.... you just got back from deployment too, what ship/squadron?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
quasi888 said:
Agree with Meddie....form looks fine enough -- if it works for you, don't screw with it. (My street form and track form are entirely different -- I hardly hang off on the streets.) And street line selection can often be entirely different from track line selection. Depends on the situation.
In my opinion, it would be better to hang of more in the canyon-keeping more contact area in reserve...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You do look like you're hanging off quite a bit more than necessary but look good. One thing, in the first picture I dont think you're giving yourself enough buffer between you and the centerline. If another rider or a car came across the DY or even close to it you'd have a close call or worse. The other pictures are better in that regard. its something I also try to work on as I have a bad habit of hugging the DY.

Try a track day. Its great because you do the same corners over and over so you can try different things and see how they affect your lines and your cornering. You also dont have to worry about lack of visibilty.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pantablo said:
One thing, in the first picture I dont think you're giving yourself enough buffer between you and the centerline. If another rider or a car came across the DY or even close to it you'd have a close call or worse.
i understand what you mean bro...that corner in particular is very easy to see thru and there is a nice straight infront of it so you see if anyone is coming. Thats the only reason that i am set up so close on the street.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts