Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. First post.
quick questions
Did you ever get an odd noise almost as if it's air traveling through the air dam or something along those lines I can hear it's like almost plastic clinging in a way it only goes with the speed of the bike if I pull the clutch you can still hear it as I'm rolling or is it my pads bouncing off my calipers.
Second question undertale vibration as in like almost under the seat closest to the tank when I'm at like six grand dude it's like a goddamn vibrator did yours have that or did you have the stock exhaust on them cuz it wasn't doing it last year with the other exhaust as soon as I put on this yosh it startedThird question did you ever feel vibration in your feet. I wear very thin shoes. This could be the issue as well
but I'm just wondering if I'm overthinking it or if I should considerable concerns here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't say it seems out of balance. My old 1977 cb550k
Didn't vibrate that much. Something doesn't seem right. I have had the bike in and out of three shops and and spend over 2k on the last one. Cam tensioner. Header.exhuast. new chain and sprockets. Powercommander. New valves on my forks and fluids all around.

So you think I'm just over thinking.

·
Registered
188 Posts
my 05 did have some buzzing around 7K, right at freeway cruising speed. Really annoying. I went up 1t on front-spocket to lower revs at freeway speeds to get out of buzzy range.

1. compression-test
2. check valve-clearance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 05 did have some buzzing around 7K, right at freeway cruising speed. Really annoying. I went up 1t on front-spocket to lower revs at freeway speeds to get out of buzzy range.

1. compression-test
2. check valve-clearance
Ya i just went down two on the rear and put on a better OEM toothing on the front with the rubber bushings in the gear itself. Still a lil buzzer though

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also I suggest running through some PEA-based fuel-system cleaner:

• Red Line SI-1
  • Techron Concentrate Plus
  • 3M Max Strength Fuel System Cleaner #08814
  • Royal Purple Max Atomizer 18000
  • Gumout All-in-One (may be off list soon due to lowering amounts of PEA)

Should send all 8 injectors to be cleaned here: Mr Injector
They do really good job with before & after flow-test to really see how things improved.
Whenever troubleahooting, it's best to test and measure to come up with numbers for analysis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also I suggest running through some PEA-based fuel-system cleaner:

• Red Line SI-1
  • Techron Concentrate Plus
  • 3M Max Strength Fuel System Cleaner #08814
  • Royal Purple Max Atomizer 18000
  • Gumout All-in-One (may be off list soon due to lowering amounts of PEA)

Should send all 8 injectors to be cleaned here: Mr Injector
They do really good job with before & after flow-test to really see how things improved.
Whenever troubleahooting, it's best to test and measure to come up with numbers for analysis.
Ye so just sent it for a full retune and dyno. Balance on both tires. We shall see what happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soooooo.
One. Tires were out of balance.
Two. Rear time has compound defect. Guy said when he had it on the dyno unloaded (not sitting on it) when it would come back down the rpm range the rear would wobble almost up and down.
3. I believe there is something loose somewhere. Causing the vibration but I can't track it down.
4. I have half a mind to take off the power Commander and Manual cam tensioner cause it had not run right ever since.

Over the winter I did a lot of work on this bike. It almost seems like a coil has already crapped out mean while they were all just replaced.
Anywho. Thanks for the suggestion the tire balance did help a bit but i believe the vibration is coming almost internally. Maybe the cam guides have gotten wore because certified mechanics don't know how to tension instead of over tighten.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts