Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a little condensation in the headlight, and when it rains the low beam headlight allmost fills up with steam. Infact the other day when i was riding home in the rain, i had so much steam coming from the headlight that i couldn't see through it. Invariably it was also steaming up my visor big time. It looked really cool though, ive allways thought the CBR was a bit of a Dragon, but with all that steam, it so nearly was.

Should i be concerned about this, do you think the headlight unit could do with re-sealing?

·
Registered
159 Posts
just drill a little hole about 1/16th in the lower corner of the lens that is fogging up, it shouldn't steam up no more, cars also have this problem on occasion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mouse said:
Ive had a little condensation in the headlight, and when it rains the low beam headlight allmost fills up with steam. Infact the other day when i was riding home in the rain, i had so much steam coming from the headlight that i couldn't see through it. Invariably it was also steaming up my visor big time. It looked really cool though, ive allways thought the CBR was a bit of a Dragon, but with all that steam, it so nearly was.

Should i be concerned about this, do you think the headlight unit could do with re-sealing?
this crap cracxkks me up :twisted:

i payed 8 grand and my **** is foggin up :(

what about those sunglasses that fogged up?

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Mouse said:

I noticed this the second day after I bought the bike and took it back...They (the dealer) told me a recall was going to be out for this (liars) b/c the headlight isn't sealed well.

After a good inspection while I was doing the r6 headlight mod I found that the front of the headlight is sealed great its that rubber flange in the back that allows air in.

However, its not a problem you could either let it dry out on its own or do what moebiius said and drill a hole. Personally, I would just leave it alone.

Since I moved to Cali it hasn't happened...gee I wonder why... :lol2:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Take a big monkey wrench, and just smash the head light in, after you break the glass you should be able to whipe out most of the moisture. Glad I could help :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
geez Meddiepie954rr, you're always adding such practical solutions to everyone's problems. where did you learn to be such a handyman? ;-)

·
Registered
972 Posts
wow drill a hole?? :scratch:

unplug the bulb harness, remove the rubber cover, pull bulb out, and dry it out with a hair dryer.

im sure u dont ride in the rain all the time so this should be a sufficient fix.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Do like the manual says and just ride! It will solve itself. If it's raining there isn't much you can do about it. But you really shouldn't be riding at night in the rain either.

As far as drilling holes, I've used this trick on headlights that were filling with water. Not condensation issues. I would be afraid of getting water into the headlight assembly if you drilled a hole.

If your riding the wind will solve the problem for you. When you stop, and it's raining, there's really not much you can do. The headers get water on them and steam just rolls out from under the bike. Not much you can do but crack your visor and go home. :mrgreen:

Tim

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
600RR_NM said:
geez Meddiepie954rr, you're always adding such practical solutions to everyone's problems. where did you learn to be such a handyman? ;-)
And we wonder why his post count is so high. It's all the useful info he offers. ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 40k+ car that headlight lenses fogged up....its normal for a sealed type lens for this to happen. I work for a Honda dealer, and we just turn on the lights, start the vehicle up, and then come back 3 hours later. It usually gets rid of the problem. If it persist, you may have to replace the sealed unit.

C

·
0 Posts
Just ride with the light on for at least an hour. It should go away. It's totally normal. If it doesn't go away or you can't ride it then this is the best idea:
unplug the bulb harness, remove the rubber cover, pull bulb out, and dry it out with a hair dryer.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the suggestions guys, ill be getting my wrench out when i get home. :lol2:

It seems to come and go, i will be riding in the rain unfortunately as this is my only ride, and i gotta get to work.

thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts