Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys ever get condensation on the inside of your headlights? I don't know if this is normal at all, but it happens to me when its warm out then gets cold when im riding. I never took the headlight apart...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I had some once... took the front end off the bike (upper cowling), pulled the rubber seals off the back of the headlights and stuck it in a room in with the door closed and a dehumidifier running full bore for about 2 hours...

I thought mine were cracked, but I searched high and low on both sides with a flashlight and couldn't find any, so I just put the seals back on, put em on the bike and haven't had a problem since.

If you can put a dehumidifier in your garage then do that, it won't work as well cause there is a lot more air to filter, but put right by the bike and you should be ok.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I saw a guys car in a parking lot once, and one of his headlights was completely full of water. Kind of interesting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same here. Got it in after my first ride this season. Nice weather but colder in the evening. The bike got it afterwards in the garage :tard:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
IIRC, either the MOM or SM mentions something about condensation in the headlights. They say to just ride it and the water will evaporate on it's own. Since you've probably had it in storage I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does go away after a a few hours...jsut wanted to know i wasnt the only one this was happening to

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
IF it appears you can start your bike and put the high beam on (if that light has condensation in it). Then pull back the rubber seal of whichever light has condensation on it. Leave the rubber seal loose until the heat from the headlight evaporates it. Then just put the seal back in place.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
happnes to me too...06 CBR. HL housing shouldn't be full of water though. it's just little foggy especially after a cold ride. but it supposed to go away quickly or even quicker if you just run the bulbs again.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Same happens to me also, once in a while I'll remove the bulbs and get a hair dryer and blow into the bulb openings.

I noticed this mainly happens after washing the bike, the steam comming up off the radiator will fogg them up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i never seen this before, correct me if im wrong, but the headlight should be a sealed component and you should Never see any type of moisture in these things. It is intended to be a sealed unit, thus protecting bulbs and appearence. If it happened to me i would be at the dealership getting that thing warrantied. I know its apple to oranges but at my dealership if a car comes in under warranty with water/moisture in the headlights and/or taillights we replace them no questions asked (given no damage)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts