Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a used leather suit delivered today and want to clean it. I've read the sticky post about it in the technical section was was just wondering if I need to condition both sides of the leather or just the outside. Does it soak through the whole leather if you go outside only?

Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm getting a used leather suit delivered today and want to clean it. I've read the sticky post about it in the technical section was was just wondering if I need to condition both sides of the leather or just the outside. Does it soak through the whole leather if you go outside only?

Thanks.
I don't condition the inside of mine, I think that might be a little over kill. My best analogy to you would be conditioning leather seats in a car. Obviously you only condition one side. The outter side that takes most of the abrasion, UV damage, etc. Yea, we sweat a little in our jackets, but aside from the smell, I honestly think the humidity inside does a little bit of good to keep the leather not from drying out. Or maybe that's just how I justify being too lazy to condition the inside? :drunk:

I just re-read and saw that you are getting a suit. Which means you're probably going to sweat even more. But I don't know how often you will be using it. If its dry where you live, and you're not going to be using it for months at a time, it might be prudent to condition the inside. But I would only do that if you live in the desert where its 10% humidity and seldom use the suit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts