Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 600RR, but it is my third 600cc bike and I want to move up to a bigger bike. Variety is good. How do you guys feel about the 1000RR compared to the R1 and GSXR1000? I heard/read that the previous 1000RR had a lot of mixed reviews and owner feedback. Thanks fellas!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
roadracing world is the only magazine I trust
their current issue has a 1000cc comparo (street test included, not just track)

they very consistently said the GSX-R1000 was top, and the 1000RR was second then the R1, ZX-10 and 999S in that order

I would go with the 1000RR because its a honda and I'm not into suzukis, see them WAY too much around here

·
Registered
227 Posts
I love my 1000rr! My last bike was the '03 600rr... and the step up was fairly easy... the ergos are very similar to the '05 600RR... biggest thing I noticed is the power... the 1000 has some major balls compared to the 6 :) I had 4 600s before I purchased the 1000, I think you'll do fine...

And definitely go for the Honda... once you bleed red, you can't bleed any other color :D

C

·
0 Posts
Go for the 1000rr. It is a hot bike right now. The 18lbs in weight savings makes all the difference compared to the 05. Check out www.1000rr.net Your new home if you do get one..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm also considering trading uo to a liter bike by the end of this year. first I have to check how much my insurance will increase if I do trade to a liter bike.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I've rode a new 1000RR, '05 ZX-10, and '05 R1. To me the 1000RR is the best for riding, the ZX-10 seems the quickest, and the R1 looks the best but just rides horrible. Everyone's different though, see about some test rides or at least sit on them all before making a decision.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
chkaotic said:
Style-wise right now, I would go towards a ZX10R.. dont know how they ranked tho
huh? they made that bike look worse this year! I dont know whats up with kawi's styling for 06, but the zx10 and the 14 are 2 of the ugliest bikes out now.
I would get a cbr1000 in the blue and yellow. In pictures, I didnt like it, but in person it is sick!!!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Drew303 said:
huh? they made that bike look worse this year! I dont know whats up with kawi's styling for 06, but the zx10 and the 14 are 2 of the ugliest bikes out now.
couldn't had say it better myself..

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I would get a cbr1000 in the blue and yellow
+1. i love that bike. its BEAUTIFUL!

i haven't been tempted by any literbike, ever. but i want that one, everything from the styling changes to the reviews its getting, to the obvious fact that its a honda. i just freakin' want it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i would stay with honda for sure. everyone has a gixxer, and yamaha's are just junk IMO. i would go blue/yellow 1000rr, that thing is the best looking bike out right now. and honda last, you should know this

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've been considering the liter RR too. I wouldn't nix the .6 liter though - I'd just have matching RRs. The .6 is a riot and when tuned right, provides a lot of fun. The liter RR will cut loose upon request and in some cases, my cases, that's not a comforting thought. I know that on the .6 that when I come out of a particular turn (bear in mind I'm a huge street guy) I can handle it wrung out. The liter version would take some time to "understand". I would hate for that understanding to come w/ a hospital and repair bill!

Regardless, stay w/ Red.

·
Registered
145 Posts
selector said:
I've been considering the liter RR too. I wouldn't nix the .6 liter though - I'd just have matching RRs. The .6 is a riot and when tuned right, provides a lot of fun. The liter RR will cut loose upon request and in some cases, my cases, that's not a comforting thought. I know that on the .6 that when I come out of a particular turn (bear in mind I'm a huge street guy) I can handle it wrung out. The liter version would take some time to "understand". I would hate for that understanding to come w/ a hospital and repair bill!

Regardless, stay w/ Red.

There are way too many misconceptions regarding the bigger displacement bikes. I am in the process of comparing the 600rr vs. the 2005 1krr vs. the 2006 1krr. I will shed some light for people who have that million dollar question about moving up from a 600rr to a larger bike.

I will be short winded here to your response: it's bullshxt. In fact, you are actually more stable on the 1krr bike than on the 600rr. Not only stability, the sheer torque and HP will kill ANY modded 600rr. There's just no way you can compete with a litre bike no matter how many pc3's, full exhausts, or marchesini rims you buy.

Edit: u don't even need a pc3 on this 2006 1krr since out of the box, it's super smooth already...unlike the 600rr, for me I would not need a pc3 to smooth out the bike.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts