Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering doing a track day at the end of August, does anyone know about an organization named motoseries, they run the course where I'd be running, the track itself is Nelson ledges in Ohio, if any one has any info that would be appreciated, bike is a 07 600 rr, will be my first track day and have heard horror stories about bad organizations and don't want to get burned I guess, thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is all just info I have over-heard, but...rumor has it that Nelson Ledges is a complete s*** hole. That is what I have heard in addition to the Jalopnik article below. Unless they have repaved since the spring...

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/nelson-ledges-road-course-activities-suspended-indefini-1578466953

If I were you, I'd look into finding a day that works for you at Mid-Ohio.

EDIT: aside from that, get out on the track ASAP! It's absolutely amazing riding these bikes as they were intended.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Motoseries is is a good organization. Nelsons ledges is a **** hole. U close to beaver run ? There running there this saturday. It's in Wampum Pa. About 1 hr outside city of pittsburgh.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Skip NL and make the drive to BeaveRun, or Pittsburgh Int'l Raceway or whatever they are calling it these days. I have never been to NL, but none of my track buddies will ever ride there for multiple reasons.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Since it wasn't mentioned, even if you are able to ride in a higher group...ride in "C" group your first time out. There are more rules about passing, but it also allows you find the lines without concern of some tard' busting a move to the inside and tucking it because he had to go fast.

Take it easy, ride at 80% of your skill, and develop your flow for track riding.

Last week at PIR (Portland Or), 4 or 5 people went down...most were in B group.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts