Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"oh, theyre real... takatas."
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Today sucked... Woke up late for class then hauled ass to get the parked came out and had a ticket for "Turning Hazard". I need everyone's advice... Heres a picture (love camera phones for times like this):

Now the scooter is OBVIOUSLY in violation as it is jutting out into the turn. However I am parked BEFORE the sidewalk even comes down to run even with the road and parked almost at 90 degrees to the curb. Should I contest? Its 75 dollars (that I dont have after my accident).

Thanks (Ima go cry in a corner now)

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car didnt have a ticket but thats far enough away?
Would contesting raise the fee? or they'd just be like nope denied pay up?

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
your screwed but in ca more often than not they will lower the fee of the ticket if contested, but i never heared of them rasing it

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
i cant believe im giving this advise because i hate getting this stuff in my box at the dept.

go to the police dept and contest the ticket. they will give you a form to fill out.. that form will go to the officer and it will be his determination. on the form you can put your reason why.

i usually write about 50-60 parking tickets a month, so when i get these it doesnt really matter to me. i usually get like 5 or so forms a month and i can never remember which car it was or which night it happened, so on my forms i write;

"Court may do as they wish"

then its up to court and about 95% of the time court drops the ticket..

all depends on how cool the cop that wrote you is.

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much everyone... I may try constesting even though i think you guys are right... stupid move parking so close i was just absent minded cause of a shitty day. hopefully its gonna be a little less. Thanks again all.

·
Registered
646 Posts
That car next to you is more of a "Turning Hazard" than your bike. I wouls try to contest it, but that's just me.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
just out of curiousity did the pretty scooter beside you get a ticket too? lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
+1. It anyone would hit your bike, they will morelikely than not hit the truck too!! And, I with CBRkid11. When these show up in my box, I write Courts Decision or just void the ticket.(we dont have quotas, so I dont care). So yea, they will never raise it. Its its worth you r time then deffinatey doi it, because thats all you tend to lose

·
Registered
133 Posts
AF_Brad said:
That car next to you is more of a "Turning Hazard" than your bike.
It looks to me that the car is just barely legal. Not saying that makes it less of a hazard, but it right on the line between legal and not.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Aren't you guys allowed to park on the pavement? I just put my bike as close to a wall on a quiet pavement. No problems...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It's your fault, you deserved the ticket. You are also lucky some idiot didn't come by and hit it!! Take care of your bike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
wow and james never makes mistakes! lol that was kinda harsh bro. I'd do as the officer on here have suggested....and if they hit your bike....no way they don't brush the car next to ya.....so i'd fight it

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
the best part of that whole picture...

check out the antenna on that black car on the left side of the picture..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Was there anything there that said you couldn't park there or is it some kind of "rule of thumb"?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts