Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· "oh, theyre real... takatas."
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Today sucked... Woke up late for class then hauled ass to get the parked came out and had a ticket for "Turning Hazard". I need everyone's advice... Heres a picture (love camera phones for times like this):

Now the scooter is OBVIOUSLY in violation as it is jutting out into the turn. However I am parked BEFORE the sidewalk even comes down to run even with the road and parked almost at 90 degrees to the curb. Should I contest? Its 75 dollars (that I dont have after my accident).

Thanks (Ima go cry in a corner now)

1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car didnt have a ticket but thats far enough away?
Would contesting raise the fee? or they'd just be like nope denied pay up?

· Hooked on Phonics
2,832 Posts
your screwed but in ca more often than not they will lower the fee of the ticket if contested, but i never heared of them rasing it

· Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,934 Posts
i cant believe im giving this advise because i hate getting this stuff in my box at the dept.

go to the police dept and contest the ticket. they will give you a form to fill out.. that form will go to the officer and it will be his determination. on the form you can put your reason why.

i usually write about 50-60 parking tickets a month, so when i get these it doesnt really matter to me. i usually get like 5 or so forms a month and i can never remember which car it was or which night it happened, so on my forms i write;

"Court may do as they wish"

then its up to court and about 95% of the time court drops the ticket..

all depends on how cool the cop that wrote you is.

1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much everyone... I may try constesting even though i think you guys are right... stupid move parking so close i was just absent minded cause of a shitty day. hopefully its gonna be a little less. Thanks again all.

· Registered
651 Posts
That car next to you is more of a "Turning Hazard" than your bike. I wouls try to contest it, but that's just me.

· I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,909 Posts
just out of curiousity did the pretty scooter beside you get a ticket too? lol

· Registered
655 Posts
+1. It anyone would hit your bike, they will morelikely than not hit the truck too!! And, I with CBRkid11. When these show up in my box, I write Courts Decision or just void the ticket.(we dont have quotas, so I dont care). So yea, they will never raise it. Its its worth you r time then deffinatey doi it, because thats all you tend to lose

· Registered
133 Posts
AF_Brad said:
That car next to you is more of a "Turning Hazard" than your bike.
It looks to me that the car is just barely legal. Not saying that makes it less of a hazard, but it right on the line between legal and not.

· Registered
912 Posts
Aren't you guys allowed to park on the pavement? I just put my bike as close to a wall on a quiet pavement. No problems...

· Registered
3,831 Posts
It's your fault, you deserved the ticket. You are also lucky some idiot didn't come by and hit it!! Take care of your bike.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Was there anything there that said you couldn't park there or is it some kind of "rule of thumb"?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.