Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's a wicked hot/cold tear, but I didn't make it - the guy on the ZX-10 who sold me these did. I went a different direction with tires so I never got to use these :\

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
you really might want to check your suspension bud, thats some really bad tearing out the front, rebound maybe?
Judging by how uniform his tear pattern is (area torn is a perfect circumference around the tire) the suspension is pretty spot on. This type of wear is from over inflation. Can also be caused by over heating of the tire, which in turn becomes over inflation.

If the tearing was wavy on the tire, not the tears themselves but the surface area that has been torn, it would be a suspension issue. Basically, the tire has to flex and contract to compensate for a poor setup. Your rubber should never have to work as a part of the suspension.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll check tonight. From what I understand the height difference is negligible and not even standard across tires (at least I've never heard of anyone looking for a specific height.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.