Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey comrades,

I need your opinion on Contour sh*t.

I bought Contour HD for half price because it was on sale. I know Contour HD is obsolete and has only 135 Degree Wide-Angle Lens. The new one has 170 Degree Wide-Angle Lens.

I know a lot of folks here like to rave about their GoPro and frankly I don't give a sh*t.

So, I am only soliciting input for those who bought Contour HD. How do you like this gadget? Clear and lively picture?

·
Registered
540 Posts
135 degrees FOV is wide .. and 170 or above just invites too much distortion...

obviously the 720P version is no where near the 1080P contour...

but be sure to use the included software and adjust the video bit-rate settings to highest quality... by default its set to medium picture quality for good battery life.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input and advice. I was contemplating of returning the Contour HD but after doing more research 135 FOV is not too bad.

It seems, the general consensus is that 170 FOV gives more distortion.

I think the following:
• For resolution < 1080, > 135 FOV is better
• For resolution == 1080, 135 FOV is better

So I think I am gonna keep it. The only problem with 1080 is that it consumes more battery power and more memory.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I have both the GoPro and the Contour HD. Contour HD has better sound and I find the Contour HD a bit more crash proof. I've smashed up 2 GoPro's so far, and haven't been able to smash a Contour HD yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We use the Contour at the track and the video is great. We like it's smaller profile and ease of use. The GoPro has great video as well, but it's a bit more bulky and when you're trying to save space and not put it somewhere where it's going to be in the way, the Contour beats it every time.

I'll agree with the statement about the mounts, but we made our own and have no issues with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i've got the 1080p and i've used it for snowboarding and autox, the picture tends to be pretty on point with things.. i approve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts