Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.. I been reading up on this forum and its very informal.
Im a newbie to bikes.. but I've been riding my cuzzins 03 F4i and I do love it alot. I've also rode on Yamaha's and Suzuki's.. all 600s.. and felt the most comfortable on the Honda.. but I've never rode a 600RR yet..

Well im picking up a bike in 1-2 weeks here.. it'll be the 600RR or the F4i. I am reading up on the specs and the only thing that is stopping me from the 600RR is the ride height, which is 2 inches higher than the F4i, according to Honda's website.

Now.. Im tippy-toeing already on the F4i already. And Im very afraid of the 2 more added inches of the RR. The question I have in mind is dropping the bike 1-3 inches, and also will that effect the ride quality?

I really dont mind buying a new F4i either, but Im in love with the black 2006 RR and the new F4i colors are.. well... :puke:

I'd love to hear some of your advice or comments on the ride height issue of the RR vs F4i..

Many thanks in advance.. !!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh.. and I forgot to add that I will not be using this bike for track or stunts.. just cruising with my buddy and his F4i on the hi-ways..

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam and I so alright with my 05 600RR. I'm not tip-toe'n but I'm not flat footed either. It really depends on the boots you wear too. I rest on the balls of my feet when I have my combat boots on. If I sit on the bike in the garage when I have sneakers on I have to tip-toe.

If you like the F4i when I say go for it. If you don't like the colors you can always get it painted or check the 05 paint schemes and get one of them. The 05 and 06 are the same as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
344 Posts
so i'm assuming you've decided on a brand new F4i or brand new 600rr right?

if not i would look into the '01-'03 F4i. They look very similar to the 600RR and if you think the F4i is comfortable and you like riding it, then stick with it. The 600RR is higher and the seating position is aggressive - which is why i like it. I'm 6'1" and i have 0 problems with it, but i did feel short on it when it was 1" lower.

It sounds like the F4i will suit you better. I've never ridden an F4i so i can't give a good non-bias opinion.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
600RR is a very aggresive riding position. fatiguing, if u ask me....until u get used to it of course.

i'd try the f4i out....horsepower is almost identical, it's just the ergonomics that differ....

i still love my RR (rip) beyond any bike i've ridden tho. maybe when i get that F4 1000 Mamba i'll change my mind.

·
August 2015 BOTM Winner / Domo
642 Posts
heres a good link you might want to read up on comparing the f4i and the RR. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/pdf/944/108682.pdf

Had the f4i in the past and it was great, perfect for the everyday spirited riding and the occasional track day. I hear the 04-06's are more comfortable due to the banana seat. unfortunately I'm not really a fan of that but there are the 01-03 to lconsider or take the route to convert the banana seat on the 04-06's

RR's on the other hand are less comfy when compared to the f4i due to the aggressive position designed to put the weight over the front of the bike. in addition the RR is a bit harsher on your wrist for the reason mentioned above.

best of luck with your purchase as either one will be rewarding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to the dealership tonight to sit on both of the models... Im leaning towards the 600RR because i like the look and angle of the bike. If Im comfortable with it, I'll start the finance process...

The horsepower isnt an issue, I dont plan on racing or seeing who is faster.. I just love the look of the 600RR..

I dont mind buying a used bike also, but around my area (Minneapolis) there isnt much of a used bike market.. and the ones that you do find, are going for almost dealership prices. What even more funny is seeing the 2005 used RR's go for $9,000... wtf?

Well thanks guys.. I'll also inquire about lowering the bike at the dealership and talking to the techs also..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just got a 06 RR and I love it. Never rode a f4i but i hear its a little bit more comforable because of the seat and lean position. RR makes the wrists hurt a lil =/ As far as hieght I was afraid ( stock ) would be to high off the ground but its really not that bad. I can flat foot both feet. I'm only 5*10...5*11

I'm sure you'll enjoy either one

·
Registered
17 Posts
600rr_or_bust said:
Im going to the dealership tonight to sit on both of the models... Im leaning towards the 600RR because i like the look and angle of the bike. If Im comfortable with it, I'll start the finance process...

The horsepower isnt an issue, I dont plan on racing or seeing who is faster.. I just love the look of the 600RR..

I dont mind buying a used bike also, but around my area (Minneapolis) there isnt much of a used bike market.. and the ones that you do find, are going for almost dealership prices. What even more funny is seeing the 2005 used RR's go for $9,000... wtf?

Well thanks guys.. I'll also inquire about lowering the bike at the dealership and talking to the techs also..

Sounds like you have made up your mind to go with the RR. I think it's great that you are open to both options, keep in mind looks aren't everything. You may not fit the RR as well as you do the F4i. Best of luck with your decision, don't be afraid to look out of state for a used bike as well, shipping costs are not that much.

·
Registered
74 Posts
thechangster said:
Hey, I'm 5'4 and have an 04 rr. I barely touch the ground with both feet and I love it. I usually just use one leg when i'm stoped. Its not that bad.
Me too! My best friend rides an 05 f4i so she and I switch bikes alot! The only difference is the riding postion! On all other points they are almost the same! Go with ever one you like the best! Either is a good choice!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cdn_rider said:
Sounds like you have made up your mind to go with the RR. I think it's great that you are open to both options, keep in mind looks aren't everything. You may not fit the RR as well as you do the F4i. Best of luck with your decision, don't be afraid to look out of state for a used bike as well, shipping costs are not that much.
Yeah Thanks.. I just got back from the dealership. I was wrong, theres only like 1/2 inch difference between the 2 models. Im not feeling the banana seat on the new F4i's. My friends 03 F4i has a split seat.. I like that much better.

The 06RR is very nice and the asking price is $8200. $8800 after taxes/licenses/etc.. out the door. Very nice rice compared to other dealerships.

Im off to the bank in the morning.. We will see if I become a permenant member of this forum or not.. Thanks again everyone..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get the F4i model before the current body style. Banana seats are gay. Plus the F4i was/is a great bike. My buddy had one of the 02's and I rode it home from the dealership for him. If you aren't completely in love with the RR, save some money and get the F4i. BTW, ride height becomes a moot point after you ride for awhile. My friend (a girl) is like 5'1", 100lbs and she rides a Ducati 748--more often than not you can see her scooting around on her bf's 06 Gixxer 1000. While I don't have seat heights for either bike. If she can ride those bikes, you should be fine with an RR OR an F4i--but I would suggest an F4i.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I say get a used 01-03 F4i. They're split seat design makes them more appealing to the eye than the new ones, and with a corbin seat, they're really comfortable. I've ridden mine for 8 hours at a time and never gotten sore. I've ridden an RR too and after 5 minutes i was starting to feel pain in my butt and palms. It just doesn't sound like the RR suits your needs. If you're just going to be cruising around, then the F4i is great. But if you're going to be doing alot of canyon carving and aggressive riding, then get the RR.
I say don't buy new for your first bike, and get the 01-03 F4i.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
agree with slvrblckrr seems like u want the 600rr mainly for looks, sure you can sit on a RR at the dealership and think to urself "ok this isnt so bad" but when u actually ride around like others said its pretty bad on comfort. Im use to it already but after a couple hours my wrist hurt, ass hurts etc.

Like others said, this is ur first bike why buy new when u can get a used 01-03 f4i.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I'm 160cm (5'3"/5'4") and had my bike lowered 1". I can get 1 foot flat if I lean off a little at red lights. Honestly, most of the time I only tip-toe 1 foot when I'm stopped at a light and keep the other on the other side peg, ready to go, unless it's a long red. It's not an issue when moving. I rode a naked 400 for a year first to get used to bikes and it was worth it. I believe I dropped it while parking 2 times at very low speeds, but held onto it as it dropped and laid it down softly both times so there was no damage, but there would have been some scratches with an RR. The only time you'll really need both feet down is to manoeuver the bike backwards and you can just push it in those cases if you have to. I can actually push it backwards with one foot, but it takes a while, looks quite ridiculous and if I hit a wet piece of metal on the sidewalk/road, I'm pretty sure it'll go down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well i justed wanted to say i just bought a new 06 600rr.... im 5,7... i am tiptoe...lol! i love the bike anyways, the only problem with the tiptoe aspect of it, try not to park in a parking spot that is on a hill unless u back it in... it took me like 15 min to try and back myself up a hill out of a parking spot the other day... felt like a dumbass....but hey its all good :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts