Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding in the Mississippi Delta with some freinds tonight just got home we were out met some chicks and was showing off in this neighborhood pulling wheelies burnouts etc. These cops pull up and surround us and we like oh sh*t busted one hops out ask us for credentials we show one of my freinds don't have endorsement and cop lets it slide then they tell us too keep it up they want to see the show also at this point I'm thinking this has got to be a trap until my boy on his zx14 rips a wheelie and they applaud so we fool around and they ask us to come back next Sunday cause we got talent it was so awesome to meet cool cops

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
thats awesome. if only all cops could be like that! did u get anywhere with the chicks? here they wouldve impounded the bike and given u a couple of big fines

D

·
0 Posts
Yay for bad cops not doing their jobs that our tax money pays them to do.

w00t!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yeah those kind of cops are the best i once got pulled over and realized i didnt even have my license or any kind of id on me and the cop let me go cause he liked my bike lol damn wish all cops where like that...

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats awesome. if only all cops could be like that! did u get anywhere with the chicks? here they wouldve impounded the bike and given u a couple of big fines
Sadly no didn't get any gave a few rides so got the foot in the door maybe next Sunday Will be the deal breaker and yea my hometown in Oxford Ms the cops will pull u for reving to loud careless to reckless for whoolies so yea it was like an all inclusive law breaking vacation I loved it

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive had a couple cops in past years that have let me off when i was doing stupid ****, bc i was in a safe area that bothered noone. Ive been let off more than a few occasions while doing triple digits, because I actually stopped and didnt run, i had insurance, a bike license, and I was fully geared up. So yes occasionally you'll run into the cool cop. The ones I dont like are the ones who ride harleys and hate rockets to no end and with screw with you just cause they can.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've only meet one cool cop but the only reason he let me off was because I told him I worked at a place he did security for once in a while. Otherwise he would or wrote me a ticket. Every other cop I have met has always wrote me a ticket. Even when I was a stupid kid, I never got a warning lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Must have been something in the air this weekend i got pulled over, clearly speeding, and my license plate has been bent from the rear tire. It's no longer clearly visible at night. I just got 2 warnings one for excessive speed and the other for improper mounting. And usually cops tend to be a little less relaxed in my town.

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Yay for bad cops not doing their jobs that our tax money pays them to do.

w00t!
We pay them to protect us not harass us, its refreshing to hear a story of cops acting like human beings for once and not soulless robots set out to destroy any remaining freedoms we may have...

D

·
0 Posts
We pay them to protect us not harass us, its refreshing to hear a story of cops acting like human beings for once and not soulless robots set out to destroy any remaining freedoms we may have...
Enforcing road laws is not harassing.

How would you feel if cops decide to not do their job and don't protect you when your life is in danger or someone stole your ****? You can't pick and choose what is right and wrong for cops to do, when it's their job to enforce laws.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Enforcing road laws is not harassing.

How would you feel if cops decide to not do their job and don't protect you when your life is in danger or someone stole your ****? You can't pick and choose what is right and wrong for cops to do, when it's their job to enforce laws.

Get over it. Nobody was hurt. Someone stealing your bike or putting your life in danger is quite a different scenario and cannot be logically compared. Obviously the officers felt that it was enough of a low key area to be doing what they were doing.

Put down the holier than thou attitude, Mr. Trackstar

D

·
0 Posts
Get over it. Nobody was hurt. Someone stealing your bike or putting your life in danger is quite a different scenario and cannot be logically compared. Obviously the officers felt that it was enough of a low key area to be doing what they were doing.

Put down the holier than thou attitude, Mr. Trackstar
And if people continue speeding and stunting on the streets, what happens when they lose control and their bike crashes into another car on the road, or someone walking down the sidewalk?

Will those cops then be cool cops because they allowed it to happen and didn't, as you guys say, "harass", the bikers and lay down the law so they stop?

And I don't have a holier then thou attitude. I just have a respect for this sport and the laws of the road. Does someone have a holier then thou attitude when they argue against other crimes like rape and murder?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got let off without a ticket or even a written warning last weekend too. Just got back from a 2300mi trip riding the twisties in VA and WV. Wasn't used to having to worry to much about speed limits and cops after a week down there, then i get home and go by a LEO cursing at 55-60 in what he said was a 25, I thought it was a 40 in that area but wasn't going to argue. I saw the LEO and just pulled over before he threw the lights on. He didn't even get out of the car, just pulled up along side me and put the passenger window down and told me he knew 25 was really slow but to take it easy and that they were going to be watching that road a lot.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
And if people continue speeding and stunting on the streets, what happens when they lose control and their bike crashes into another car on the road, or someone walking down the sidewalk?

Will those cops then be cool cops because they allowed it to happen and didn't, as you guys say, "harass", the bikers and lay down the law so they stop?

And I don't have a holier then thou attitude. I just have a respect for this sport and the laws of the road. Does someone have a holier then thou attitude when they argue against other crimes like rape and murder?

Were you there? Can you say that there were pedestrians and cars lining the road that they were doing this on?

You are comparing wheelies to rape and murder. Seriously.

D

·
0 Posts
Were you there? Can you say that there were pedestrians and cars lining the road that they were doing this on?

You are comparing wheelies to rape and murder. Seriously.
A crime is a crime, and there's laws that police are to enforce. Some are just more serious.

If you were to have actually read what I typed, you'd have seen "And if people continue speeding and stunting on the streets, what happens when they lose control and their bike crashes into another car on the road, or someone walking down the sidewalk?"

Where in there did I ever say that pedestrians or other motorists were in the area the OP was?

·
Registered
785 Posts
A crime is a crime, and there's laws that police are to enforce. Some are just more serious.

If you were to have actually read what I typed, you'd have seen "And if people continue speeding and stunting on the streets, what happens when they lose control and their bike crashes into another car on the road, or someone walking down the sidewalk?"

Where in there did I ever say that pedestrians or other motorists were in the area the OP was?

i think cops should definitely enforce the law in the case where there is danger involving pedestrians, other cars, etc.

but in this case, it seemed like (i'm just speculating) he was surrounded and isolated by the cop cars and they let him stunt a bit in that area. in my opinion, that's just cops being human, having a little fun, and understanding that in that current situation it was okay.

D

·
0 Posts
i think cops should definitely enforce the law in the case where there is danger involving pedestrians, other cars, etc.

but in this case, it seemed like (i'm just speculating) he was surrounded and isolated by the cop cars and they let him stunt a bit in that area. in my opinion, that's just cops being human, having a little fun, and understanding that in that current situation it was okay.
But taking a page out of LanCo's book, were you there to know that no one was around for it to have been safe?

But how about the safety of the OP and his friends? Why would a cop be considered cool or being human for allowing a rider without his endorsement to go free? People who think that must hold the same opinion for people in cars doing burnouts and donuts without a drivers license, but not getting in trouble because the cops are "cool".

·
Registered
785 Posts
But taking a page out of LanCo's book, were you there to know that no one was around for it to have been safe?

But how about the safety of the OP and his friends? Why would a cop be considered cool or being human for allowing a rider without his endorsement to go free? People who think that must hold the same opinion for people in cars doing burnouts and donuts without a drivers license, but not getting in trouble because the cops are "cool".
well no, but neither were you.

i was just saying, IF in the situation i described, then it is cool. if not, then you are right. we're all just speculating at this point until OP explains to us the actual details.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
"A crime is a crime"

In Ohio Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.

And It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.

Should all laws be followed ?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts