Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to my first trackday on April 20th at ButtonWillow through thetrackclub.com. In the information it reads that it is recommended, but not mandatory to change the coolant. It recommended water wetter or engine ice. I emailed the organizer to ask which was preferred and this is what he told me.

"I'm more familiar with Water Wetter, but honestly unless you are already going into the changing of the coolant I'd leave it alone! It's not needed for our track events! So again leave the coolant in the motor!"

What would you do?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The reason certain trackday orgs require water wetter is in case of a crash, the water wetter, being non-glycol based, is easier to clean up off the track. Engine Ice is glycol based so it would be the same as cleaning up regular coolant. The less time it takes the clean up crew to clean the track, the more time you have to ride.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The reason certain trackday orgs require water wetter is in case of a crash, the water wetter, being non-glycol based, is easier to clean up off the track. Engine Ice is glycol based so it would be the same as cleaning up regular coolant. The less time it takes the clean up crew to clean the track, the more time you have to ride.
which means that in the event of a crash, all the other riders are thankful that you were courteous enough to think of them.

I use water wetter too.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It all depends on the organization like someone said above. If you go with Z^2, then you'll have to change to water wetter. TrackCrafter didn't require it. If you do plan to change it out, make sure you have 4 gallons of distilled water and 4 hours to spare, changing it the night before is not a good idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just trying to build off this thread.. I tried searching for a solid answer for my question but can't find one.. What is everyones recommended Water Wetter change interval for a track only bike? Thanks in advance y'all...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts