Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crashed my bike it looked ok, changed my oil and coolant was floating on top. Any ideas why this is? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
coolant was on top of the oil after you drained it????

Have you refilled it??? Refill it and try running it, see if it happens again..
Make sure the container your putting the oil in is clean..

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Like Tripage is saying, I hope it was collant in the drain pan and not a cracked head or block from the crash. Keep a VERY close eye on your oil. If you change the oil and see foam, grey oil, or white smoke out of the exhaust, you have a serious problem. If any of these symptoms comes true after you change the oil you'll need to run a compression test on the cylinders and a leak down test on the radiator. Don't continue to run the bike if you are mixing oil and water. Watch your temperature gauge also.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
^^ EXACTLY. check these things out for you might have a big problem on your hands. Some oils appear to have a slightly green layer on top sometimes tho when you look at the right angle. If you do see foamy oil, white smoke and/or a distinct burnt smell when the oil cap is pulled off you may also have blown your head gasket ... you need to really look into this problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the coolant was just floatting on top. I will try and do wat you guys said and see what happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
watch when you re-drain that oil, if there is coolant in the oil and the bike has been sitting a little while, the coolant will drain out before the oil being that they dont mix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts