Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a noob here and I have a coolant leakage on my 05 600RR. I checked it out yesterday and it seems to be coming from the seam of the water pump and behind it where it looks like a tube connecting to the block. I filled up my reserve tank to upper level and after riding for about 15min, i have about 1/4 left. The bike doesn't overheat though. Can you tell me what's the cause of this and how much would it cost to repair. Thanks!!:icon_stud

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
yeah i had the same problem mang. i would see a puddle sitting in my left lower fairing.

i tightened the hose clamps under the fuel tank. those clamps on the hoses on the thermostat housing. thats where my leak was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slaps what part of the 808? Also can you tell me where that hose is at. I'm a noob at this. Also when i bought the bike, it had a cracked coolant reservoir and it was empty so i changed it to a new one and just filled it up with coolant to the upper line. Would this also be a cause because i didn't burp it? I'm really buggin' out man and i just want to ride.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Slaps what part of the 808? Also can you tell me where that hose is at. I'm a noob at this. Also when i bought the bike, it had a cracked coolant reservoir and it was empty so i changed it to a new one and just filled it up with coolant to the upper line. Would this also be a cause because i didn't burp it? I'm really buggin' out man and i just want to ride.
(oahu) waipahu and salt lake areas.

no that wouldnt be the cause as to why your losing coolant.

heres a pic of the thermostat housing (#6) and the hoses. i tightened them when i pulled the tank off.
all of this sits behind the head of the engine under the tank. its a pain in the ass.

heres a link to the microfiche...
http://www.houseofmotorcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in waipio area. Do you know any good shops that i can take the bike to get it done with really good price. It looks like it too PITA to do for my little knowledge. Thanks brah!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i turn on the bike at neutral, there's no leak. after i ride it around then it starts to leak alot?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
I'm in waipio area. Do you know any good shops that i can take the bike to get it done with really good price. It looks like it too PITA to do for my little knowledge. Thanks brah!
naw, i dunno mang. i dont live on oahu anymore. ive been stationed in socal for the past 10yrs. so i dont know what shops they have there anymore. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts