Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sure it's not just coming out of the outflow pipes, thats where they sit. Ones from the Water resiviour, have you topped up lately?

Maybe filled the tank up too much, I think the tank over flow comes out down there also?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Take it to the dealership. If i remember right you just bought the bike not too long ago. Warrenty's are a great thing. don't touch it. Let them do it so they can't blame you for screwing it up.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
why mess with it use the warranty / dealership that's my 2 cents

·
Registered
448 Posts
smell it is it fuel or water? have you been out in the rain? cos you have airbox drains also. I remeber a few times going down there just after a ride and filling up on fuel and had fuel fumes and some moisture running out. Its what those pipes are for.

The guys are 100% on the warranty hints, but if it's something or nothing then it's a bit of a hassle taking it down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I did just buy it about 2 weeks ago and i got the extended coverage and all that boring stuff.. but im just too lazy to take it to the dealer.. know what im sayin lol -thanks guys

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
i think ragamuffin was having the same issue a while back, but i'm not sure if he got it resolved-- i just remember when we went riding he was a concerned about it. it would be beneficial to take advantage of that warranty that you're covered by.

·
Registered
484 Posts
lol. Thanks nate. The problem was my own fault. I changed my coolant, and I thought the problem was due to my reuse of the crush washer. Turns out I just didn't torque the bolt tight enough. (BTW, nate, did you get my emails?)

Project Pat, are you observing the leak from the coolant drain bolt? (The drain bolt is at the bottom of the water pump cover. If you don't know where that is, email me and I'll send you a pic.) Coolant could possibly "leak" from either the drain bolt or the overflow tubes. If it's the latter, it's not much to worry about. Otherwise, you should take it to the dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts