Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my bike back from getting serviced. They did a coolant replacement and some other stuff. Anyway looking though the service manual it says when at operating temps coolant level should be between the upper and lower level. After riding for a little bit I checked the level at 180 - 220 degrees the level is a little above the high line. Is it okay or some of the coolant needs to be removed?

Can I just sipheon it out from the overflow? Does it matter if you do it hot or cold? I assume not hot so it doesnt suck air back in?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Did you look at the bike with it being leveled and on a flat surface or was it leaned over
being on the kick stand ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked it while on the side stand. Previous to getting it done, at the same temps the level was just below the high line and checked on the side stand.

So the level should be checked with the bike centered?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The bike should always be checked when standing upright, the coolant is barley over the lines so your fine.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
in order to check the coolant, stand the bike up straight off of its kick stand. as previous stated, it doesn't make a difference if it's a little over, it's just the coolant reservoir.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Over filling the coolant doesn't matter, even if you fill it right to the top the excess will just come out the overflow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts